We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerts at Kilohana Plantation

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Topic
Concerts at Kilohana Plantation

We will be visiting in August and bought tickets to see one of our favorite bands performing at the Kilohana Plantation. I can't seem to find venue information anywhere. Has anyone seen a concert here? What is the venue like? Are children allowed and if so, are they free under a certain age? How is the venue for concerts? Any advice?

Thank you in advance!

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Concerts at Kilohana Plantation

I just want to add, I have tried several times to contact the plantation and haven't been able to get through no matter what time I call.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,887 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concerts at Kilohana Plantation

I have never been to a concert at Kilohana. I've attended their Christmas crafts fair which was in a large tent on the front lawn and their luau a few times. I bet the concert will be in the same hall they use for their luau? Not sure about charging for children. Can you check with who you purchased your tickets from?

California
Level Contributor
38,025 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concerts at Kilohana Plantation

It must be outside on the lawn where they have weddings. I can't imagine a concert in the living room.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,887 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Concerts at Kilohana Plantation

I was thinking maybe were the luau takes place; in a separate building to the left of the main building.

California
Level Contributor
38,025 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Concerts at Kilohana Plantation

Yes that could be too.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Concerts at Kilohana Plantation

I saw Steel Pulse last month with Matisyahu and Makua Rothman. I've also seen the Stylistics, Damian Marley and Los Lonely Boys at Kilohana.

It's a nice venue. I love the big tree in the middle of the building. Go early if you want a table, otherwise there's plenty of room on the floor by the stage. Acoustics aren't the best, but the vibe is solid.

The shows I've been to have all been 21 and over.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Concerts at Kilohana Plantation

Kilohana is a center stage venue.....wiith the stage and performers in the middle of the room and the tables surrounding it in a 360 degree circle. We have been there for the Luau, as well as Taste of Kauai. Very, very nice and feels good. Always had a great experience. Not sure about free.....we dont expect anything to be free, if we are taking up seats, we just get our tickets and go.

Same for the concerts at KCC in their , also very nice, auditorium.

As far as the living room, at Kilohana, they now have the Mohiko bar and lounge located in those warm and comfortable surroundings, and the music for dinner out side in the arboretum area is a great venue for dinner and back ground music.

Also, while at Kilohana, you can visit the Koloa Rum Company gift shop and tasting room, another classy and pleasant experience.

We like the whole Kilohana lay out and have been able to enjoy all of its amenities on a repeated basis.

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Concerts at Kilohana Plantation

Thank you, BeyondNBack! Just the advice I was looking for! I bet those were great shows.. We're coming for the SOJA show. :)

Edited: 24 July 2014, 21:46
9. Re: Concerts at Kilohana Plantation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 05:16