We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaihuna Plantation - Building 33

Seattle
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kaihuna Plantation - Building 33

So after much deliberation we've settled on Kaihuna Plantation for a family vacation (with a 4-year-old and the grandparents) in November. We've found a 2-bedroom view condo through a private owner in Building 33 (Unit 208) for a great price ($500 less for the week than a partial-view unit through Expedia and the like).

My question is, is there a major reason that it's cheaper? I've seen a couple property maps and realize that most of the major marketing photos are taken from the lawns on the east side, wheras Building 33 is over on the west side. Will this make a big difference as far as noise and ambiance?

If anyone has knowledge of the property layout who could provide us with some perspective, we'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i7250-Californi…

California
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaihuna Plantation - Building 33

I've actually stayed in the same unit that you've booked. It's a great location over the lagoon and close walking distance to the beach. I've rented directly from her in the past and our experience has always been great. We go to the Kiahuna once or twice a year.

Seattle
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaihuna Plantation - Building 33

Kauai16: Thank you!! This is wonderful to hear. We can't wait, and positve reviews on our condo & its owners is great for getting us excited about the trip! :-)

California
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaihuna Plantation - Building 33

My family will actually be at the Kiahuna in November for Thanksgiving week - it's a great time to go!!!

Steve Brown
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaihuna Plantation - Building 33

We stayed in the same unit twice. The Kiahuna is a great location and this particular condo is nicely situated.

The last time we rented this condo the frogs (or toads) were rather noisy. The decks of the condo overlook a lagoon on the property. I am the kind that likes to leave the widows and doors open so I can hear the ocean. I am not a complainer, but the croaking at night was rather loud. This was a couple of years ago, so maybe things have quieted down since then.

I can't speak about the interior of the condo as it was a few years ago, but we did like the location and the ease of access to the beach.

5. Re: Kaihuna Plantation - Building 33

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 05:29