We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for 5 or 6 star resort for Honeymoon

Austin
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for 5 or 6 star resort for Honeymoon

Hi folks, I hope you might be able to help me. I have clients looking for 5 > star resort for a honeymoon. They're considering Princeville or Sheraton but I am reading both units are being reviewed as dated.

Suggestions of other resorts? is it worth the surcharge to move up to a six star?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for 5 or 6 star resort for Honeymoon

The Orchid can't attain the top rating because of physical limitations alone. Service still clicks.

Of course it's subjective. And that's where good reviews/reviewers stand apart -- what's the context for the rating?

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,338 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for 5 or 6 star resort for Honeymoon

(back to the original question)...

tinsel57,

There is a brand new hotel that is supposed to open on August 29th in Poipu. It looks like a very luxurious property.

http://www.koakea.com/

But when we drove by two weeks ago, it looked like they still had a lot to accomplish before they open. But word on the street is that they will open on time.

Otherwise, the Grand Hyatt is a wonderful property will all of the amenities one would expect in a 5 star resort.

California
Level Contributor
35,586 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for 5 or 6 star resort for Honeymoon

Martik,

It doesn't look like Koa Kea will open soon. I had guests who booked mid October and he got an email saying it would not be open at that time and they didn't know when it would.

I would not recommend this hotel until they get their you know what together.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,338 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for 5 or 6 star resort for Honeymoon

jebett,

Thanks for the update! It sure did not look like they were anywhere close to being done for their August 29th date.

So it looks like the Hyatt is the original posters best bet for a luxury hotel. I really like the Hyatt and we look forward to staying there when we can squeeze it in during our trips.

Marti

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
229 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Looking for 5 or 6 star resort for Honeymoon

I just want to post that even though the couple are coming to Kauai (which is a beautiful island) and wanting to stay in Poipu that its unfortuante they can't stay up on the North Shore. It is so beautiful and romantic!

Also, I worked for Hyatt here in Las Vegas before and some employees that visited Kauai loved the Hyatt there. And by the sounds of it, for the ratings, Hyatt would be the best bet even though I don't have Full knowledge of the hotels on Kauai. The above posters are right :o)

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Looking for 5 or 6 star resort for Honeymoon

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Each part of Kaua'i has its own charm - the North Shore is very green and lovely - but does get more rain because of that - especially during the winter months.

The South Shore is known for its mostly-reliably sunny weather - we have beautiful beaches and IMO one of the best things about this area is the easy access to the swimmable beaches here - many properties (unfortunately not the Hyatt) have swimmable beaches right in front of them - or at least within easy walking distance - the North Shore really doesn't have anything directly oceanfront, except maybe Hanalei Colony Resort - everyplace else you need to either walk to a small beach, or drive to one of the larger ones.

Just wanted to "stick up" for the South Shore a little - I too love the North Shore, but each side of the island has its pros and cons - and each side is somebody's "favorite"!

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
Level Contributor
35,586 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Looking for 5 or 6 star resort for Honeymoon

The Princeville Hotel could be considered ocean front in my opinion. It is just as close to the water as The Hyatt. It is more in Hanalei Bay but still that hotel is set right on the water.

I am sticking up for The Hyatt too as I think it is the best choice for these folks at the time.

Sydney Aust.
Level Contributor
405 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Looking for 5 or 6 star resort for Honeymoon

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt from 2nd Aug to 6th Aug. and would highly recommend it for a honeymoon.

It has been very well designed, pools, river and lagoon especially. Our room was very quiet and we never heard noise from other guests.

We travelled with our two teenage daughters and both said it would be the perfect spot for a honeymoon.

It would be hard to be disappointed in this one.

19. Re: Looking for 5 or 6 star resort for Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 19:15