I'm heading back to Kauai after more than 15 years (last time was at Sheraton Poipu). I've stayed at Kiahuna Plantation once as well. Now, I'm going to Kauai with my son/daughter-in-law and a one-year-old and 3-year-old. We'll be staying at Kiahuna Plantation the last 10 days of August this year.
I don't know how much that area may have changed since I've been there.
1. Is there a nice-sized market (not convenience store) where we can get supplies? Is there a supermarket? I'll also look for a Costco and Wal-Mart online to see if there is one in Lihue.
2. At Poipu or Koloa, where may the bargain place be to rent fins and mask to snorkle?
3. Are there any snorkle beaches for basic snorklers close to Poipu (like by Brennecke's at the protected area, or??) We'd probably go to the beach for an hour plus each morning, I'd watch the two little ones while son/DIL snorkle.
4. Here is the last (silly) question--since so many know so much on this site--I love it--do the washers/dryers at Kiahuna Plantation take quarters to operate? I realize I can call to find out, but this is a test!
5. Is the Koloa Broiler still there?
Thank you all so very much for all your information and help.