We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poipu Surf Condominiums

Texas
Level Contributor
821 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Poipu Surf Condominiums

Hello everyone--does anyone know about the Poipu Surf condominiums? There are several listed on VRBO but I can't get more information.

Thank you for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,995 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poipu Surf Condominiums

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I'm not familiar with anything around this area named "Po'ipu Surf condos" - there is a "Kaua'i Surf condos", but it is actually a unit at Kuhio Shores - could that be it?

Can you provide a link to it so that I can take a look and get an idea of where it is?

Malama Pono,

Janet

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,148 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poipu Surf Condominiums

I'm not familiar with the property, but the listings on VRBO are all from one person. The listings were first published on VRBO this year. It looks like they own 2 (or 3?) 2 BR units, with 2 units combined to make up the 4 BR.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,148 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poipu Surf Condominiums

Hi Janet,

Here are the 4 VRBO listings for Poipu Surf: vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…a23184

Susan

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,995 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poipu Surf Condominiums

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I wish they'd give addresses for these places!

I think this is the one located on Kuai Rd. - which is indeed about 1 block from Brennecke's Beach - it is an older condo, but looks to have been re-done.

If it is the one I am thinking of - then it might not be the most luxurious place in the world, but it has a fabulous location!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Mentioned in this post
Brennecke's Beach
Brennecke's Beach
127 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Texas
Level Contributor
821 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Poipu Surf Condominiums

UPDATE--address is 1831 Pee Road, Koloa. She VRBO sent me an e-mail, and I've spoken with her. I'd so much appreciate anyone's taking a look at it; we're having to make some changes here quickly. She has 3-two bedroom units, and two of those can be closed into one 4-bedroom unit. Seems like nice units, right on ocean, walk to Boogey Board Beach and a little farther to Poipu public beach.

Thank you all for your help; you're wonderful; yes, I agree re addresses; I complained to VRBO about this in the past, and they say for owner security, they don't want to publish them. Aye.

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Poipu Surf Condominiums

These are all in a building that is right on Ho'one Road, right where it makes a sharp turn left , after Brennecke's Beach. The building is immediately adjacent to Honu Kai Villas. I've always thought it looks to be a fairly newer building or one that has been recently remodeled. Good location. I would just make sure that you get a unit that is closer towards the water and not at the mauka end of the building, which would put you closer to the road. I'm not sure of the setup of the building, like if some face easterly or westerly. If there IS a difference, definitely pick one that faces Westerly for oceanviews. Also, if you can pick a higher floor that would be better , for clearance over Honu Kai villas

Mentioned in this post
Brennecke's Beach
Brennecke's Beach
127 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Poipu Surf Condominiums

To further clarify, it is 2-3 properties west of Poipu Shores condominiums. I believe there are a couple of private homes in between.

You should Googlemap the address.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Poipu Surf Condominiums

Also, Ho'one Road and Pe'e road are one in the same. Ho'one becomes Pe'e at some point.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,995 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Poipu Surf Condominiums

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I'll drive by it on my way to work this evening and give you my "scoops" on it tomorrow - have to remember to write down the address!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Texas
Level Contributor
821 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Poipu Surf Condominiums

Yes, I did Google satellite map it, and the landmarks came up that I'm familiar with. How can I thank you all enough, especially for making a quick trip by to check it out. The VRBO pictures look good (but then they did in Molokai, too--what a huge disappointment there on one unit advertised when I actually checked it in person last year).

Mentioned in this post
Molokai
Molokai
Hawaii