We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Burger On Kauai

La Verne, Ca.
Level Contributor
657 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Good Burger On Kauai

Just wondering who has good burger. I love Cool Cats in Maui, so just wondering if there is somewhere here you recommend...

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Burger On Kauai

This is just my opinion. Some will agree with me, and some won't. I love Duane's Ono Charburgers!

In Anahola which is just north of Kapa'a. Little joint on the side of the road. You order at the window and have a seat at concrete picnic tables.

Oh, and there are chickens and/or roosters eyeing you...and maybe a kitty or two!

Best burgers I have ever had. And their Maui Onion Rings....YUM!

California
Level Contributor
36,134 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Burger On Kauai

Ahh the dreaded "good burger" question.

Probably the best ones for me have been at Duane's Ono Burgers on the way to the North Shore. You can tell their good by the jacked up trucks that are parked in the lot at lunch time.

My kids like the burgers at Scottys. I think the grass fed teriyaki burger at Hanalei Grindz was very good, but some people don't like the taste of grass fed beef. I bet some people will tell you they love Bubba's but to me those burgers are not in the league of any of the other's I have mentioned. I do (when desperate) go to Bubbas for a teri burger and "fringes" but it has to be my last resort. (you Bubba's fans don't pounce on me please)

I had a pretty good burger at Kalapaki Hut last time. First time to try them. I just wish they had given me the one I ordered.

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Burger On Kauai

Jebett, LOL. We must have been submitting at the same time!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,992 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Burger On Kauai

I am not really a burger person - much rather have fish on Kauai, but I did try the famous burgers at Duane's Ono Char . . . and they are good. Many folks like Bubba's burgers, which we also tried once, but I thought they weren't very good - much prefer Duane's! :)

California
Level Contributor
36,134 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Burger On Kauai

What can I say Pattie but you are right!!!! LOL

I forgot about the onion rings. Yum!!!!

A word of warning for Duane's. Expect to be on Kauai time. If you are in a hurry drive on. There's a Subway inside the Shell station for people in a rush. You don't rush a burger at Ono Burger.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,444 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Burger On Kauai

I'm not a fan of Bubba's either...

We decided to give Brennecke's in Poipu another chance on Father's Day and we both had their Brennecke’s Beach Burger Deluxe. It was quite good! With french fries and a beer on draft, yum....

Arizona
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Burger On Kauai

We loved TNT burgers across the street from Scottys BBQ. It is run out of a little trailer, most amazing burgers and GREAT customer service. They also have some yummy huge french fries!

California
Level Contributor
36,134 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Burger On Kauai

trvlqueen:

The lady that was at TNT, the day I tried the burgers, was very sweet, but the baby (in a car seat) in the hot trailer close to the french fries being fried made me really nervous. I thought the burgers were OK but the bun fell apart. Did you find that to be true too?

They used to be in the vacant lot next to Otsuka's. I enjoyed sitting right by the water but now that they are in a parking lot I'm not sure the atmosphere will be quite the same.

I will add the couple sitting next me said they were the best burger they had EVER had. I guess they don't know about In and Out.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Burger On Kauai

I LOVE Duane's Ono Char burgers. Besides where else can you sit outside at some uncomfortable old concrete tables with chickens and cats all aover and maybe a hippie passed out in the grass?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,992 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Burger On Kauai

Kimocat - THAT is a visual! :)