We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prince Kuhio

clark summit, pa
Level Contributor
418 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Prince Kuhio

How's Prince Kuhio and is there construction going on outside? I have a great offer but don;t want to spend the vacation in hell with construction noise and dust. I'll appreciate any info on this. Thanks.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prince Kuhio

Aloha from Kaua'i!

While I haven't stayed there....I did drive by there this morning....nothing that I noticed from the outside in the way of any construction-related stuffs.

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
Level Contributor
36,452 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prince Kuhio

Prince Kuhio is a nice budget friendly alternative across the street from Kuhio Shores and Lawai Beach.

You can see some condos for rent by owner on this site.

I have never stayed here but have had guests of mine stay at PK and said it was just fine. Nothing fancy.

www.summitpacificinc.com/prince-kuhio.html

This one looks the nicest to me.

summitpacificinc.com/prince-kuhio-336.html

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prince Kuhio

Don't think that you will have a problem, but you did not mention when you were going to be here.

Right now, looks like zip is going on , and kukui'ula development company are probably done churning up the land. Not much recently has been progressing as far as we can see, regardless of what they are telling the press.

You should be just fine, and right across the small road, on the far side of the beach house is lawai beach....great south shore snorkeling.

Denny

covington,la
Level Contributor
786 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prince Kuhio

we stayed there for our Honeymoon last April, it was just what we were looking for. I have a review or poss. trip report that lists the unit number. It had a great view,and very well furnished. Would return in a second!

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prince Kuhio

I've stayed there twice in recent years, once for a month and was quite satisfied. The units we have rented were updated nicely, quite large for a one bedroom with washer and dryer in the unit and a small, but nice lanai with a partial ocean view. Noise was never a problem. I think it is a real bargain for a budget conscious traveler.

clark summit, pa
Level Contributor
418 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prince Kuhio

Thanks Guys! I'm looking at both Kuhio Shores and Poipu Palms, both of these are closer to the ocean and bigger condos. Any preference?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prince Kuhio

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Po'ipu Palms and Kuhio Shores - at opposite ends of the Po'ipu Beach area from one another.

Kuhio Shores is located directly on the ocean with incredible views - it is also directly next door to the Beach House Restaurant and a small, but popular Beach that is good for snorkeling.

The building itself to look at is uninspired to say the least and there is no pool, but the location makes it very popular.

Po'ipu Palms - located at the far east end of the Po'ipu area - also oceanfront, but on a cliffside, and about 2 blocks walk (down or uphill) to Brennecke's Beach and Po'ipu Beach Park - also within walking distance to a few restaurants and a deli. They do also have a pool, not overly fancy, but a nice, basic pool with an ocean view.

Both are nice, I think if I was going to pick, I'd probably go with Po'ipu Palms, just because I like that side of this area a little better than the western end. But truly, you can't go wrong with either of them!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,658 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prince Kuhio

I drove past the Prince Kuhio 20 minutes ago and there is construction going on on the Prince Kuhio itself and it was noisy. If you plan on being in the room during the day (but why would you be?), it could be noisy.

The Kuhio Shores across the street is great and I can't see the noise being a factor except in the units closet to the Prince Kuhio.

But when are you coming?

clark summit, pa
Level Contributor
418 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prince Kuhio

Thanks all. But I finally I decided to split my time between poipu in Whalers Cove and Princeville in Puu Poa. Got every 3rd night free and very good rate.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prince Kuhio

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Congrats! You will love Whaler's Cove - such a fantastic place and location!

Malama Pono,

Janet