We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pineapple & Papaya

sedona
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Pineapple & Papaya

Hi, I will be in Waikoloa in a few weeks and I want to send fresh Pineapple & Papaya back to the Mainland. Is there a good place that you can purchase and they will ship? Or should I buy on my own and ship? Thanks!

Springfield, IL
Level Contributor
177 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pineapple & Papaya

Hey- that's a good idea! Will they be okay shipped? What if they get hot or something? Is it legal to ship that stuff?

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pineapple & Papaya

You might want to post to the Big Island forum -- this is Kauai/Poipu. However ... if you want to take fruit for yourself, you can purchase at least pineapple (not sure about papaya) at the airport and they will put it on the plane free of charge.

It is perfectly legal to ship fruit, although I am not sure if they would allow you to buy and ship your own. ....I don't know of companies that ship but I'm sure there are some. I would ask someone when I got there. I can tell you that if you buy from the airport vendors, paying to have pineapple shipped is nearly as expensive as the pineapple itself.

sedona
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pineapple & Papaya

Thanks for the info...I will be in both Poipu and Waikoloa, posted there also...(copied and pasted without making corrections)

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pineapple & Papaya

Aloha Cleoanddeo,

You might try "Kauai Fruit and Flower" on Kuhio Hwy, just north of the Airport. (yellow building) They specialize in shipping fruit Pineapple and Sunrise Papaya and more. I've used them several times over the years. They have a website at www.kauaifruit.com

You can order online or in person at the shop while you're there. They can package your fruit to carry on the plane, too.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pineapple & Papaya

There are brochures advertising fruit and flower companies in Lihue baggage claim kiosks. Personally, I prefer a pro pack perishables.

On Kuhio Hwy. about 2.5 miles north of the airport there is a shipping company whose name always escapes me. I have been told ownership has changed and so I cannot say the service is the same. There is a large painted pineapple sign along the highway just in front of the store...that you cannot miss.

Sedona is spectacular!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pineapple & Papaya

hula4me...how timely and I will not forget this time!

sedona
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pineapple & Papaya

Thanks for all the great information. I will check into both Kauai Fruit and also Hula4me. This will be my first time to Kauai and the time can not get here fast enough. bjbert--yep...Sedona is great. I love it here and Hawaii is the only place I have found to be better.

Let me know when you come to Sedona and I will give you ideas of things to do and places the locals go to eat.

Mahalo!