We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Poipu Farmer's Market

Hawaii
Level Contributor
518 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New Poipu Farmer's Market

This was mentioned in another conversation but I thought I'd start a new thread.

A new farmer's market started up last week in Poipu at Kukuiula Village shopping center. It runs Wednesday's from 4-6pm. As well as farmers some of the local shops also participate with samples of their food, and there are a few other food vendors.

Not too popular yet but I think it's going to be a big hit eventually. Great atmosphere and some very tasty treats (like pies) as well as good produce.

Here's a map that shows all Kauai's farmer's markets:

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Edited: 08 July 2010, 22:52
Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Poipu Farmer's Market

I'm really glad to hear this. So the expectation is that this will be a regular Wednesday event?

California
Level Contributor
36,413 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Poipu Farmer's Market

It was sure popular last night!

Hawaii
Level Contributor
518 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Poipu Farmer's Market

Yes it is supposed to be regular.

Glad to hear it picked up last night. When I was there a little after opening it was slow. One farmer told me last week's showing wasn't worth the drive down but she was hopeful it would pick up eventually.

California
Level Contributor
36,413 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Poipu Farmer's Market

I thought it was pretty crowded. Of course I was comparing it to when I visited the same center in January. The pies looked amazing!!! Lots of fun stuff besides fruits. The merchants were very chatty with the visitors which was so nice. A lot of interaction and aloha.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,488 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Poipu Farmer's Market

Great news! We'll definitely walk on over in August.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Poipu Farmer's Market

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Yes, it was definitely bustling on Wednesday night when we went to dinner over there with "Jebett", Denny and Erica - lots of vendors - I noticed a big mix of fruit and veg, flowers, as well as some crafters selling locally made seasonings, etc. - there was also live music and I know that they have a hula halau come in once a week to perform as well.

It was very popular - looks to be a fun event for folks staying on the South Shore!

Malama Pono,

Janet

7. Re: New Poipu Farmer's Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2011, 06:17