We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poipu Kapili

San Jose, CA
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Poipu Kapili

Has anyone stayed at this property? An overall assessment of the views and property would be great. How far a walk is it to the beach? Is there boogie boarding or snorkeling nearby?

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poipu Kapili

Ramroy- Poipu Kapili is a very nice property but...... The thing that really turned me off was that it is across the road from the ocean and there is a rock wall between the road and the water. No easy access. You'd have to drive or walk down to a beach. Here's a link for an aerial view so you can see its relation to the ocean:

www.wizardpub.com/kauai/krpoipukapili.html

Chicago
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Poipu Kapili

We stayed there a long time ago, but we enjoyed it. We walked down to the beach by the Sheraton to swim or drove to some other awesome beaches. At the time we were just 2 adults, so these alternatives were simple. Now we've got a little boy and our needs are different.

Seattle & Poipu
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Poipu Kapili

This is a nice property and not a far walk to the beach. When I stayed there we stayed in a condo that looked over the pool and the ocean in the front and an empty lot in the back. The problem was that there were roosters in the empty lot and they do crow all night long. I went to complain hoping to be moved, but only got a pair of cheap ear plugs.

Alan

Scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Poipu Kapili

Poipu Kapili is just amazing. The pool is great and hardly ever busy. The road is not busy and the best bit is the view right across the ocean where everyone sits with a drink and watch the sunset. The beach takes about 5 mins max to walk. It is not that busy and the water was calm when we were there. The best beaches for boogie or body boarding were in the north, but you could snorkel at the beach near the condo. These condos are so great. If you only need 1 bedroom I would recommend Unit #36, we had a great view of the ocean and the decor and kitchen were great. Since coming back last October, I haven't stopped talking about this resort and in actual fact just booked for this year. Have a fantastic time!

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Poipu Kapili

Amazing place to stay, the road is very tiny and not at all busy. We stayed in a unit straight back from the pool and we had a great view. The complex is beautifully kept and the pool is gorgeous. Cannot rave about this place enough. I too was concerned about the road but when I saw it, no worries. The wall does not block the view and you can take your glass of wine at sunset and watch the turtles.

The walk to the beach in front of the Sheritan is about a block. We like Poipu and Brenneke Beach which are up just a little way and with all the stuff, coolers, boards, snorkeling equipment etc. We just hopped in the car, drove around and parked. Brenneke Beach is great for Boogie Boarding.