We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monster Tacos truck - new location!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Monster Tacos truck - new location!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Today I finally got a chance to drive into Koloa and try the burritos at "Monster Tacos" - this is a lunch wagon that has been traveling around - in Hanapepe, etc., etc. - but I asked them and they are now more or less permanently located on Weliweli Road in Old Koloa town in front of the Kaua'i ATV offices (behind Island Soap and Candle and just before the Koloa Neighborhood Center).

Open every day but Sunday - she said they are now going to be there on Saturdays as well.

I had a black bean burrito with the "add on" of a hand-made tortilla ($1.00) and chips and salsa (another $1.00) - I think the burrito was $6.00 and my total was right around $8.00 - a huge burrito with a nice amount of heat to it and lots of good crunch from purple cabbage as well - definitely worth it and a whole lot of good, fresh food!

I think next time I will call ahead for pick-up - it was almost 2pm and there were still a few people in line ahead of me - since they make everything fresh, you do have to wait a little bit - or you can avoid it but calling them and picking it up. No place to eat there either - but I live only a couple of blocks away, so works for me!

Anywho - thought I'd give an update as they've been traveling around in various locations - this seems to be their "spot" at least for the forseeable future!

Malama Pono,

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
812 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monster Tacos truck - new location!

Thanks for the update Janet. They are wonderful people and great food, yet the location behind Koloa town was always a little off the beaten track. I hope they do well!

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,244 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monster Tacos truck - new location!

More food for the list. Thanks.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monster Tacos truck - new location!

Janet - This sounds really good. Do they really make their own tortillas? SOOOO much better that way and worth a little extra money.

4. Re: Monster Tacos truck - new location!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 08:16
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question