We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

massage on beach

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
massage on beach

Is there a place that does massages on the beach? And if you have had one done was it unpleasant because of the sand? What kind of price range?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,879 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: massage on beach

Aloha from Kaua'i!

The Lihu'e Marriott does the "massage on the beach" thing - but it isn't directly on the beach, but right up from it on the grassy area - they are tented also to give you some privacy.

I don't know of any that are actually in the sand - most that I'm familiar with do the same thing as the Marriott.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
479 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: massage on beach

I think I saw the Hyatt also doing beachfront massages in those cabanas. You may want to call and ask.

[Addie - your sand comment sounds a little strange.. You are not really thinking of having your massage at sand level, are you??]

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: massage on beach

No, I'm not thinking of having the massage at beach level, but when I was checking previous posts there were several comments about the sand being very uncomforable (?).

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: massage on beach

I've also seen massage tents at the St. Regis in Princeville. The raised massage tables are under tents over the smooth dirt area above the beach.

You'll find that most "beach massages" are really on private property just above the beach. If a businessperson is using the beach for a commercial activity, they would need to obtain a beach permit for each client. I don't see how that would be worth it to any masseuse....

I've also seen signs for massages on the east shore, fronting the Resort at Makaiwa.

Another option would be to hire a masseuse to come to your room or vacation rental and have your massage in the privacy of your own place, with the lanai windows open to let the ocean breezes in.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,937 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: massage on beach

A massage in the spa is much better than a beach side massage which is one of those things that always looks better than it is; too windy, inconvenient to get to and get back from and more.

The spa is nicer, you can shower or Jacuzzi or relax or what ever you want much easier.

6. Re: massage on beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2011, 04:15