We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a 2 bedroom for under $150 in Poipu?

Beaverton, Oregon
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a 2 bedroom for under $150 in Poipu?

We are 2 women in our 60s looking for a 2 bedroom place for a week with a nice swimming pool - no stairs. It doesn't have to be luxury - just clean and quiet. Anyone know of such a place? We'd like to go in January 2011. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a 2 bedroom for under $150 in Poipu?

Here are a couple of condo complexes you might check out: Waikomo Stream Villas has a nice tropical garden type setting, 2 bedroom units and a small pool. These are low-rise units without elevators, but you can probably find a first floor unt in your price range. Another complex you might consider is Sunset Kahili, which is an older property, but has some beautiful views of the Poipu coastline. There are 1 and 2 bedroom units there, a small pool and while the building is 5 stories tall, it does have an elevator.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a 2 bedroom for under $150 in Poipu?

Oh, I think you would LOVE the place I stayed a couple of years ago:

www.vrbo.com/114402

California
Level Contributor
37,474 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a 2 bedroom for under $150 in Poipu?

January is busy in Poipu and you might not find something for so cheap but remember with condos you need to pay for cleaning and HI tax which is almost 14%.

Another idea is to check out Craigslist. I see some adds for timeshares people want to rent out. I have seen some recently for The Point and Lawai Beach and Marriott.

If you want something a bit nicer you might need to up your budget.

Waikoma Stream is near a condo project being built so be careful. You could get noise issues.

Why don't you call Parrish Realty and they have help you.

parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/2-bedroom.html

Check out these and then come back and ask people what they think.

Coronado, California
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a 2 bedroom for under $150 in Poipu?

I love the location of the Waikomo Stream Villas, close to two shopping centers with lots of dining and shopping and it is a nice, quiet property. The majority of the construction is done at the development next door so I can't imagine it being noisy. We just stayed the other side of the construction and we didn't hear a thing.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,789 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a 2 bedroom for under $150 in Poipu?

<<Waikoma Stream is near a condo project being built so be careful. You could get noise issues.>>

My husband loves this place and stays here about 2-3 times a year on business. The best buildings would be either 3, 4 or 5 to be away from any construction noise.

parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/waikomo-stream…

You can also check out Nihi Kai. It is close to Brennecke's and Poipu Beach Park and they have a wonderful, heated pool. I know Parrish is offerinh discounts so give them a call! also, they can help you with any units that are ground floor. Our unit in August was 2 level (living quarters upstairs).

parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/nihi-kai-villa…

Also, Manakui is a nice location at Poipu Kai in your price range. My husband stayed there in March and really enjoyed the location.

www.parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/MA311.html

I just noticed, Parrish has added a new feature to their search criteria on their home page. You can plug in location, views, # of bedrooms, date and price point.

Edited: 06 October 2010, 22:56
Beaverton, Oregon
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a 2 bedroom for under $150 in Poipu?

Thanks to all - These are wonderful suggestions. I will check them out. I've got my fingers crossed that I will find a "bingo".

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a 2 bedroom for under $150 in Poipu?

suiteparadise.com has a great resort comparison chart, and you can check pricing there as well. We stayed at Poipu Kai in a 2 bdrom garden view extra deluxe and it was awesome. This resort has a lot of open space, and 7 or so small pools instead of one big one. You generally get use of 1 or 2 of the pools. Ours was small like you'd see at an apartment building, and had a BBQ. It was never crowded, and many times we had it to ourselves.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,098 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a 2 bedroom for under $150 in Poipu?

You'll be able to find a lot in your base price even in January for a 2-bedroom. Don't go by the rack rates you see posted. Deals are being made. Just don't book online, call to be able to negotiate.

Suite Paradise has over 200+ condos in Poipu with their office right smack dab in the middle of them. Love the people there and the friendly attitude....

http://www.suite-paradise.com/

They have the majority of the units in Poipu Kai and many other developments as you'll see listed. Poipu Kai would be a good fit for you as you can get some good pricing on the gardenview units. PK has 6 pools and each section of the 'resort' is assigned a pool. You shouldn't have far to walk from a ground floor unit.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,901 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there a 2 bedroom for under $150 in Poipu?

If I recall correctly, the Waikomo Stream one bedroom + lofted bedroom (2 bedroom units) are all on the top floors. That would involve stairs, outside and within the unit.

The lower units are all one bedroom. However, the one bedroom units are large and might suit you if there was a "comfortable" sofa bed.

One of the units we had rented, a one bedroom, actually had two sofa beds and enough room for all four of us.

10. Re: Is there a 2 bedroom for under $150 in Poipu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2011, 06:18