We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lawai road construction

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lawai road construction

When I've been to Poipu in previous years, there was a lot of construction on the north side of Lawai road. I was worried about the noise there if I book a room at Lawai Beach Resort.

Is there any recent news about the construction and the noise?

We're going in January.

Thanks,

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lawai road construction

We are next door and it is no problem. Nothing is going on near lbr.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lawai road construction

We are staying next door now and there is no construction nearby.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lawai road construction

Aloha from Kaua'i!

The only construction that is around on the Lawa'i Road area is down by Kukui'ula Small Boat Harbor - last week they were doing some road work and had both sides of the road closed to pedestrian traffic with their machinery.

I hang out at the beach there so it was so very inconvenient for me - I actually had to park in the Harbor area and walk down past the boat ramp -- poor me (tongue firmly in cheek!).

You certainly wouldn't hear anything of this noise from Lawa'i Beach Resort, that is a long ways down the road!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lawai road construction

definitely feel bad for you, janet. i'm playing the worlds smallest violin for you right now. i'm sure you'll be ok though...right? ...lol

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lawai road construction

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Yes, I think I'll just manage to scrape through - life is hard, yeah?

Malama Pono,

Janet

6. Re: Lawai road construction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2011, 05:21