We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiahuna Plantation experts-which building?

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Kiahuna Plantation experts-which building?

Which of these buildings would be best to stay in.....38, 18, or 21? Does anyone have first-hand experience? Thank you.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiahuna Plantation experts-which building?

I don't know if I'm an expert, but I've stayed at Kiahuna a few times so I know the layout well.

With out a doubt I'd go with building 21. The buildings in the main grassy horseshoe area are considered the best. It's quieter there, away from the road and a quick walk to the beach. Go with 21 imho.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiahuna Plantation experts-which building?

Building 21 by far. It's overlooking the green area , is closer to the beach, and is a 1-story building I believe.

Buildings 18 and 38 are both multi-story and set back further. Building 18 is set back the furthest. Building 38 is in a busier area right by the restaurant and the administration building. It also would look straight out to the backside of the Sheraton so views would seem to be diminished there.

Here is a map:

http://www.kiahunacondo.com/resortmap.html

Edited: 19 January 2011, 19:06
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiahuna Plantation experts-which building?

21 is definitely the best choice of the three you have given - but do be sure that the unit is one that meets your needs. Bldg placement alone won't do that. Bldg 18 is back, but on a very nice lawn area. If you have serious noise sensitivity, then don't choose it. but you will have a nice garden view front and back. I don't like 38, but have seen very happy reviews of it, so.....it's a personal call. I have stayed in other units close to the restaurant several times and have had NO problem with noise from it. And 38 is to the back of the PG facilities. It's really your call, but if the units are equal in appeal, then certainly buildfing 21 would be my choice. It is a two-storey, by the way.

Kiahuna is a wonderful and unique property. You will enjoy it regardless of your choice. Don't worry about that.

Edited: 19 January 2011, 22:13
palm springs
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kiahuna Plantation experts-which building?

Thanks for the replies....I guess 21 is the winner......but the unit in 18 is much nicer, with a view of the ocean.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kiahuna Plantation experts-which building?

The view from building 18 will be from pretty far away and it will most likely be a horizon view. Building 18 is also one the biggest buildings at Kiahuna. Building 21 only has 4 units. I think I'd prefer to have less people all around me and closer to the beach.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kiahuna Plantation experts-which building?

Then go with 18 if you like the interior better. Keep in mind our answers here are based purely on location. We know nothing about differences in the interiors.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kiahuna Plantation experts-which building?

If you like the one in 18, then don't be afraid of it! I doubt you will be disappointed. You need to be happy with the interior you choose. As I said, if the units are equal in appeal, then go for 21. But if they're NOT choose what suits you best! It's all still Kiahuna!

8. Re: Kiahuna Plantation experts-which building?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2012, 18:18