We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Renovation Update

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,436 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Renovation Update

Just received this message via Facebook:

MAHALO FOR YOUR PATIENCE EVERYONE! REVITALIZATION UPDATE:

Monday, July 18th Ocean Pool opens

Green fencing comes down in front of the pool area, the point around Rumfire will still be fenced off, but pedestrian access will be available.

Friday, July 29th Poolside cabanas open

Tuesday, August 2nd Porte Cochere and ocean lobby open

Wednesday, August 3rd Lava’s poolside restaurant opens

- Open daily 10:00 am – 8:00 pm

- All F&B operations, except for daily breakfast buffet, will move from the garden wing. Lava’s will be the only dining option.

- Renovation offers such as complimentary water, whole fresh fruit, complimentary snorkels and boogie boards will be discontinued once Lava’s opens.

Friday, September 9th Link Café and breezeway open

October Rumfire opening

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,686 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Renovation Update

Sounding good! I'm looking forward to seeing what they have done. Thanks, Martik!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,436 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Renovation Update

I too am looking forward to the new Sheraton, especially Rumfire.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Renovation Update

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I'm assuming they are pushing to get everything done before the Kaua'i Marathon over Labor Day weekend - since they are the host hotel - they had better be fully open and functional!

Should be interesting.....

Malama Pono,

Janet

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Renovation Update

I look forward to viewing these renovations to the Sheraton Hotel that was so sorely begging for some upgrading of its otherwise excellent site. I hope their wonderful Saturday evening Japanese buffet will not be altered by these changes !

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,638 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Renovation Update

Can't wait to see it next month. The new Sheraton is going to be one of a kind on Kauai - an upscale yet moderately priced resort sitting right on one of the best swimming beaches. Sheraton Hotels lucked out when they came to the islands in the 60's and snatched up the most prime beachfront properties.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,436 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton Renovation Update

<<an upscale yet moderately priced resort>> I really hope they keep it moderately priced. The Hyatt raised their rates significantly after their renovations.

Edited: 16 July 2011, 23:15
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheraton Renovation Update

Aloha from Kaua'i!

The Hyatt actually changed their name in fact - it was simply the Hyatt Kaua'i prior to the major renovation a few years ago - after that it qualified for the "Grand" title - I remember because I had to get used to changing the name of the property during the course of my narration - it took awhile before it became automatic to me!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,436 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sheraton Renovation Update

The last time we stayed at the Hyatt was in December 2007 and we were able to get a fabulous government rate. It was only $189/night. Now, the government rate is over $300/night. I noticed this change just in the past year since we like to stay a couple of nights at the Hyatt and at the lower rate, it was great! I believe the Grand Hyatt name was prior to 12/07.

California
Level Contributor
9,473 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sheraton Renovation Update

I just walked by there this morning-- pool looks great.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sheraton Renovation Update

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Well, I do think the Hyatt is a beautiful property and I thoroughly enjoy working as narrator for their show - I know it has been since before 9/11, because we used to do it I think 5 nites a week and then after that date, none at all, then they brought it back for 3 nites, where it has stayed ever since.

Never have stayed one nite there, nor used their pools, and very, very seldom eat except a take-out once in awhile from Seaview Terrace after the show - someday when my "ship" (make that a tanker!) comes in, maybe I'll splurge on a room there just so I can indulge in the pools that I so diligently walk around 3 times a week on my "loop" before exercise class! I especially heart the saltwater lagoon - that I think would be my favorite one as a guest!

Very fortunate to work as narrator at such a beautiful property - and only a 5 minute drive from my hale as well! Not to mention doing it with my hula sisters and dearest friend - not a bad "gig" indeed!!!!

Well, time to start thinking which costume I'm going to wear tonite! That is always fun and somewhat dependant on how good my suntan is also - since I'm pretty brown right now - I can wear the lighter colors!

Kala mai - all just nattering on off the top of my po'o (head).

Malama Pono,

Janet