We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting from Steve Sedgwick - 2215 Kuai Road in Poipu?

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Topic
Renting from Steve Sedgwick - 2215 Kuai Road in Poipu?

Hi - I saw a really old post from 2006 that asked if anyone had experience renting from this owner/manager. There were lots of replies regarding the property, but I was wondering if anyone actually completed a transaction? How was the experience?

Thanks!

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,357 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting from Steve Sedgwick - 2215 Kuai Road in Poipu?

Wow, maybe it's just me, but this feels so strange to see a person's name and address!

Maybe you can look at the reviews on the website you found this rental property. I would caution people not to slander a persons good name if your vacation did not end up being what you expected. Just be careful.

I don't own a rental. I am not a condo owner , but this just gives me the creeps!

Edited: 05 April 2012, 22:06
La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,636 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting from Steve Sedgwick - 2215 Kuai Road in Poipu?

I think it's this one:

http://www.vrbo.com/88191

I know nothing about the house, however I did kind of chuckle at the description - Brand new. But it's been a rental since 2006....

I hope someone can chime in with info on it.

3Chihuahuas

California
Level Contributor
37,976 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting from Steve Sedgwick - 2215 Kuai Road in Poipu?

No reviews on VRBO for 2 years and he hasn't even changed his ad for 6 months. Just sayin"......

The heading is a bit strange, scorchestra, but its a first time poster.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting from Steve Sedgwick - 2215 Kuai Road in Poipu?

The lack of reviews don't sound any alarm bells for me. Some owners just don't bother with posting reviews. Usually it's the ones who have no problems getting bookings and don't find reviews critical. Reviews aren't always easy to get, good or bad, and it oftentimes comes down to having to request renters to post a review. This could just be a case where the owner is getting enough business in with just word of mouth and isn't even bothering with updating the vrbo listing or posting reviews.

I know this house and frequently pass it on walks. It's a great home and nicely done. Great location too. While it's no longer brand new it is only about 7-8 years old which is relatively new for the area. There's not much buildable land left there.

I'd give the guy a call and ask for more documentation online and information.

Edited: 06 April 2012, 18:12
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting from Steve Sedgwick - 2215 Kuai Road in Poipu?

If you google the address you'll find the owner's website for this home (besides the vrbo listing). Maybe it will have more info for you

http://www.kauai-beach-house.com/index.html

Leavenworth...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting from Steve Sedgwick - 2215 Kuai Road in Poipu?

I've rented this property for 3/9 - 3/22/2012. Very professional and good communication with property owner and manager.

I'll update our experience upon return.

Aloha!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,636 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting from Steve Sedgwick - 2215 Kuai Road in Poipu?

LM - did you mean 2013?

8. Re: Renting from Steve Sedgwick - 2215 Kuai Road in Poipu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 10:16