We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip for golf game in Princeville from Poipu?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
325 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip for golf game in Princeville from Poipu?

Is it reasonable to do a day trip for a golf game by car, if I decide to spend my entire stay based in Poipu? How long would the drive take?

The other option is to move for the last 2 nights of our stay to Princeville so we can get a round of golf in up there but my preference for a 10-day stay might be just to stay put at one resort. Thanks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip for golf game in Princeville from Poipu?

of course. It's about 1.5- 2 hrs at most.

the mapping program drive times are pretty close.

If you plan to drive back and forth more than 2X, splitting your stay can save you time and gas. Check the top questions thread on the subject for more info

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip for golf game in Princeville from Poipu?

Sure, it's no big deal. I head up to the north shore frequently on much less of a whim than a scheduled golf game. Like if I just feel like going to Hanalei Bay for a few hours. No reason to totally transplant yourself to new lodging.

Poipu to Princevile figure about 1.5 hours max. And I've done it for less than that too.

California
Level Contributor
35,598 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip for golf game in Princeville from Poipu?

There is more than golf to do on the North Shore. I would book 2 nights and really enjoy yourself since you have 10 days. Is it doable to drive? Sure, but after 18 rounds, some cocktails at the Prince Club (they have a good happy hour menu at The Tavern), driving back might not be a good idea!

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
810 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip for golf game in Princeville from Poipu?

We frequently did that drive for golf or sightseeing when we exclusively stayed at Poipu. Easy drive unless traffic is bad.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
325 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip for golf game in Princeville from Poipu?

Thanks everyone for the tips. Will definitely hellp with my planing! We definitely plan to explore the island with a few day trips.

6. Re: Day trip for golf game in Princeville from Poipu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 07:17