We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pedal Kayaks For Rent in Kauai

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Pedal Kayaks For Rent in Kauai

Do any of the vendors in Kauai rent what looks like a kayak but is pedaled? Thanks

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pedal Kayaks For Rent in Kauai

Good question, we have kayaked most every river , stream, and bay and Erica has kayaked the napali twice, and we have not seen any pedal rental kayaks. Suggest that you check by phone with the different kayak rental companies by looking them up on the web or in your copy of the UKG.

Edited: 27 August 2013, 18:38
2. Re: Pedal Kayaks For Rent in Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 August 2013, 23:06
Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
718 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pedal Kayaks For Rent in Kauai

foot pedal rudder system

This is how they steer. I think the OP means the "Hobie" pedal drive kayaks, and although I can't say for sure, I have never seen any for rent. But it has been a year since we have been there and maybe someplace has added them? I would think Outfitters Kauai or Kayak Kauai would be your best bet to call. These kayaks are VERY expensive and the rental places probably don't want the hassle and cost of repairing them. The regular "sit-on-top" kayaks are pretty near indestructible.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,897 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pedal Kayaks For Rent in Kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Ah....I wondered if that is what the OP meant.

To my knowledge then, there is no place here that rents this type of kayak.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,593 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pedal Kayaks For Rent in Kauai

Janet, that link is not good, it has some kind of virus, my computer did not like it one bit.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
718 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pedal Kayaks For Rent in Kauai

Someone should give Kayak Kauai a call and let them know their site has been designated as "no good" by google. This could hurt their business if someone has taken over their site and planted a virus. I doubt very much Kayak Kauai is knowingly attaching viruses to their website.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,897 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pedal Kayaks For Rent in Kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Wow....kala mai....I just googled "pedal kayaks kauai" and that link to Kayak Kaua'i came up....I didn't have any issues with it on my computer so I linked to it.

I've requested that post be deleted here.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Edited: 28 August 2013, 23:07
Fremont, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pedal Kayaks For Rent in Kauai

thank you all for your responses!

Wailua
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Pedal Kayaks For Rent in Kauai

I think adkboards has the answer: the Hobie pedal drive is expensive and easy to break so it's not ideal for rentals. All the places rent the sit-on-top with paddle. If you take a Na Pali coast (Haena-to-Polihale) tour, I think you get the pedal-rudder-steering ocean kayaks--but not on the river rentals.

10. Re: Pedal Kayaks For Rent in Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 05:19