We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do I need to pack pants

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
do I need to pack pants

Am heading to Poipu area for 2 weeks this Monday....do I need to pack long pants or are capris sufficient for the climate at this time of year?

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: do I need to pack pants

If you want to wear pants on the plane just make sure they're lightweight, cotton. Nothing worse than wearing hot and heavy jeans. You'll be miserable when you land and the heat and humidity hits they'll be way too hot, won't breath and you'll want to rip them off. (which is fine, the bathrooms are right there and you can switch into something else when you land).

I don't know what type of climate you're coming from but I always figure it's just a quick jog from the car into the terminal. Once you're inside you can be wearing summer clothing for that matter. At the least, change out of those heavy clothes on the airplane which I see many people do.

A hooded sweatshirt?? I'm getting hot just thijnking of it. I can't imagine needing a sweatshirt with a hood. At the most a lightweight sweatshirt or lightweight cardigan.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 19:13
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: do I need to pack pants

Touche. Touche. Touche.

Yes, horseback riding is a bit uncomfortable with shorts!

Of course, pack tennies if that's your style but I still suggest Keene's as they are open on the sides to shed sand and/or water, will dry more quickly and can be thrown in the wash. We've hiked, ridden horses and 4-wheelers, walked the beach, walked, walked, walked (up and down and straight) and our Keene's have been more than satisfactory. As well as making us less hesitant to walk through ponds or errant streams!

BUt as always - it's just a suggestion!

BARB

California
Level Contributor
35,591 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: do I need to pack pants

I have Keens and bring them too, but find them uncomfortable while playing tennis not to mention not allowed...

:-)

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: do I need to pack pants

AHHHH!!!

I never thought about actually playing tennis as the OP never mentioned that.

How quickly we resort to our own private worlds when asked a question!

bARB

California
Level Contributor
35,591 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: do I need to pack pants

Well the OP never mentioned," should I bring tennis shoes", but you commented on that.....

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: do I need to pack pants

SOmeone along the line mentioned packing tennis shoes and socks and that was what I was reacting to.

oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: do I need to pack pants

Definitely! right now it's cold here every night and AM until the sun comes up! And I've had a fleece jacket on all day today even in the sun as the wind can be and usually is chilly. But, I have only one pair of shoes-a strong pair of Chaco sandals for walking, hiking, everything. I wear 'em with socks on the plane.

Yakima, Washington
Level Contributor
283 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: do I need to pack pants

I pack a pair of old tennis shoes which I hike in. They are comfortable since I have usually worn them for quite a long time. I don't have to worry about the red dirt staining them since I throw them away prior to heading home. Only problem I have is isolating them in my suitcase from the rest of my clothes. Old tennies have a tendency to be a little "ripe". Wife brings one pair of long pants and a sweatshirt. I tend to be a little warmer and have never needed long pants.

19. Re: do I need to pack pants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 05:18