We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconut cottage

oregon
11 posts
Save Topic
Coconut cottage

Has anyone stayed at the Coconut Cottage in Poipu on Hoona Rd? It

is listed on vrbo#471455. Is the area safe? We love the look of it

and it would work perfect for us. Any advise from trip advisors would

be appreciated.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coconut cottage

It looks very nice but it's in North Carolina! Different number maybe?

Kris

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Coconut cottage

I think she means this house.

http://www.vrbo.com/471445

Very safe area.

California
Level Contributor
35,821 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coconut cottage

Its a bit of a busy street if you ask me. Its the road that goes to Spouting Horn, Beach House Restaurant, Lawai Beach and Allerton Gardens. I've seen it as I've driven in that area to visit friends across the street at Kuhio Shores. I would probably prefer to be elsewhere, but maybe you will get lucky and find someone who has actually stayed there. Its just my opinion about the location.

Batesville
Level Contributor
507 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coconut cottage

I haven't stayed there but have passed it many times. It's a cute cottage from the outside. The VRBO site says that there's an ocean view from the kitchen, but I wonder about that. It's on the mauka side of Hoona and is blocked by a solid set of houses on the makai side.

The neighborhood is lovely, full of million dollar-plus homes. And it's very quiet. It is not on the road to the Beach House, Spouting Horn, and Allerton--that's Lawai Road--but it within easy walking distance of Baby Beach and, for excellent snorkeling, Lawai Beach. You can also walk to the Sheraton and the monstrosity that's the upscale new shopping center in Poipu. Kuhio Park is directly across the road.

A fine spot indeed!

California
Level Contributor
35,821 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coconut cottage

If its not on Lawai Rd then its not the one I am thinking of.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coconut cottage

I agree, Ho'ona is not the road to Beach House, Spouting Horn, and Allerton Gardens. Ho'ona is a small quiet road off Lawai Rd in a very nice residential neighborhood. Good snorkeling is very close.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,388 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coconut cottage

My husband has stayed in the house right next door closer to Lawai Road. It is located on Hoona Road and it is a very quiet and safe neighborhood. We have stayed in this area many, many times. You do actually have a view of the bay that is on the eat side of Kuhio Shores and the ocean in front of KS.

oregon
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Coconut cottage

Oops! Look like I got the vrbo # mixed up! Thank you for all the messages!

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coconut cottage

It looks really nice and good reviews!

Kris

Coto de Caza...
Level Contributor
202 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coconut cottage

I own a home on Ho'ona Rd, and agree with Martik, It is a quiet, safe neighborhood. You will have an ocean view of the bay. I have never been in this home, but have been in it's "sister" home next door. Coconut Cottage looks to be very well kept. Have a great time on Kauai :)