We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waimea Canyon, then to Kauai Coffeee..Lunch in between.

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Waimea Canyon, then to Kauai Coffeee..Lunch in between.

My brother and lady friend will be at the Kauai Sheraton in March. On one of their days, they will be doing a tour company(Collette) tour to Waimea Canyon and then to Kauai Coffee (Kalaheo). On this particular day, their lunch is not included, but I will bet the tour van will stop somewhere for the passengers to have lunch on their own.

I plan to tell my brother if they make a stop in Waimea, to try to get to the Shrimp Station. If time permits, I think a quick look at Aunty Liliko'i would be fun.

OK, so here's my question for you. If they do not stop in Waimea, and continue on to Kauai Coffee, are there any likely lunch spots you think a tour van would stop at? Or maybe even in Kalaheo? I'd like to give them some ideas, if there are any.

Thanks.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Waimea Canyon, then to Kauai Coffeee..Lunch in between.

I'd think it would be best to first confirm with the tour company whether or not they're making a stop for lunch and if so where that is. They might even provide a boxed lunch or snack. How long is the tour? It's possible they aren't making a stop. Stopping in one area and letting all the passengers go off and pick their own place to have lunch could be hard for them to manage. Everyone taking off and doing their own thing in different restaurants would be hard to control, time wise. I'd be surprised if they do that. He should check with the tour operator first

Northern California...
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waimea Canyon, then to Kauai Coffeee..Lunch in between.

I checked out the Collette web site & they only list breakfast & dinner. I bet the tour group only spends about 30 minutes at the Kauai Coffee visitor center & they get returned to the hotel by lunch time.

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waimea Canyon, then to Kauai Coffeee..Lunch in between.

Yes, I suppose they could be back at the hotel by lunch time. If that's the case, maybe they'd be interested in Savage Shrimp in the Kukui'ula shopping area. Or maybe just eat at the Sheraton.

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
663 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waimea Canyon, then to Kauai Coffeee..Lunch in between.

FYI Kauai coffee has a tiny snack shop with hot dogs and the like, if my memory serves me correctly.

East Coast
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waimea Canyon, then to Kauai Coffeee..Lunch in between.

How long are they able to go without lunch. More than likely they would be back at their hotel in an hour.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,224 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waimea Canyon, then to Kauai Coffeee..Lunch in between.

Kaua`i Coffee does indeed have a small snack shop.

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waimea Canyon, then to Kauai Coffeee..Lunch in between.

I'm not sure how long they will be gone, as they will be doing Waimea Canyon and then Kauai Coffee. The tour driver may or may not choose to stop for lunch. I have no idea how they decide. As I mentioned before, it is Collette Vacations. I suppose my brother could call and get the scoop.

Thanks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waimea Canyon, then to Kauai Coffeee..Lunch in between.

We had lunch at Kauai Island Brewery which as I recall was "near" Kauai coffee.

9. Re: Waimea Canyon, then to Kauai Coffeee..Lunch in between.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 06:19