We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuhio Shores Unit 216

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Topic
Kuhio Shores Unit 216

I haven't been able to locate many reviews of unit 216 at Kuhio Shores, has anyone stayed there? I haven't read a bad review about any of the condos, but am a little concerned that there aren't any reviews of this particular unit and we are intending to stay there in the next couple of months. Would appreciate any insight!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuhio Shores Unit 216

Might be hard finding someone who stayed in that exact unit, but you never know. We stayed in 217 and we have stayed in 413.....both unitts were great, super views, nicely furnished, and totally enjoyable.

perhaps the owners are there most of the time, or they do not chose to rent it out, but normally people write when they are NOT happy with a unit and let the planet know about it.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuhio Shores Unit 216

There is a review on TA on #216 from late 2011.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60625-d8735…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuhio Shores Unit 216

I'm writing from the lanai of 106 right now. I don't have anything to offer about 216, but (one night in) the building is nice & the view spectacular. One thing to consider is that the "17" units are the corner closest to the busy beach & restaurant. You walk about 5 feet away from the lanai of 117. The "17" units are next door on the shore facing side, which is a bit more private. The ocean seems to drown out the noise of casual passers-by & conversation & the second floor is removed from the "in your face" foot traffic.

BTW - the foot traffic seems to be limited to building residents, so it isn't horrible. I wonder what the noise level is when there is an event at the Beach House, tho. It is an upscale restaurant which will also close for private events such as weddings. You probably wouldn't have "Saturday night rock-band" bar noises.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
528 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuhio Shores Unit 216

I haven't stayed at this unit but I've been inside it. Nothing to worry about, it's a nice unit with great views. Being on the second floor you can sleep with the lanai door open. The only thing you'll hear is the sound of the ocean.

People don't tend to write reviews unless they're asked to or there's a problem. Some rental/booking sites automatically send emails asking for reviews, it just depends on where they list.

California
Level Contributor
37,455 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuhio Shores Unit 216

Here's a recently shot Youtube video. It looks like they got some much needed new furniture even though I don't like the looks of it. Its an older unit, hasn't been updated (kitchen is original it looks like) but I do know the location and I think its one of the better locations. I know the unit above it and next to it, 217. If you want great views, a basic unit, this is probably fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAZnuyexn2Y

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
651 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuhio Shores Unit 216

Yup, I can speak to the view as we were in 316 (which is awesome!) a year and a half ago.

You will LOVE the view!

We are headed back to KS in a few weeks, but over a few and down a floor - we can't wait!

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,126 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuhio Shores Unit 216

Greenetree, Having stayed in a "17" unit, they are not on the end, the 18's are. We have stayed in 217 twice and never noticed the sound from the Beach House. The surf, yes. The views from Kuhio Shores cannot be beat.

Bellevue, Washington
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuhio Shores Unit 216

The wife and I stayed at Kuhio Shores in Unit 216 this last November and the accommodations were perfect! Loved the condo, the view, the proximity to the beach, and the peacefulness. The owners were very responsive to my email inquiries and the rental process was easy. We'll definitely be heading back to this condo again!

9. Re: Kuhio Shores Unit 216

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:17