We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundromat in Poipu?

Detroit, Michigan
9 posts
Save Topic
Laundromat in Poipu?

I'm going to be staying at the Grand Hyatt next month for a week. With all of the hiking and whatnot I'll be doing, I'm guessing that I'll have some laundry I'll want to do at some point.

I'm sure that the Hyatt would be happy to wash it for me, but I'm also sure that they'll probably charge me $100 or something for the pleasure.

So, are they are any laundromats in the Poipu area?

I found this old thread with the same topic, but I'm not sure if the information there is still current:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k25107…

United States
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundromat in Poipu?

I thought the Hyatt had a guest laundromat?

oyster.com/hawaii/…

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundromat in Poipu?

I have seen a sign for a cleaners on poipu road, just a bit out of Koloa Town. on the makai side of the road leaving Koloa headed toward the Hyatt...

.the only laudromat that I am familar with is in Lihue, on Rice Street next to Robs and the bowling alley. We always, as visitors stayed in a condo in poipu, and had washerrs and dryers in the unit......so never had the occassion to look for a laundromat.

Janet sure could help you out on that one as to poipu. Maybe you drop off a load of wash at the cleaners, in the morning, spend the day exploring and having fun, and pic it up at night. ( we now take the by-pass roads into poipu, and have not driven down poipu road in quite a while, so don't know if the cleaners is still there.

As residents we just wash and dry our clothes here in the condo, and have not used a cleaners or an iron in nearly eight years since moving over.

Also, you could check about the nearest laundromat at the consierge desk at the hyatt.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,918 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundromat in Poipu?

Denny, that's Up To Date Cleaners. It provides dry cleaning services and also some laundering services for commercial accounts. I don't believe it has a do-it-yourself laundromat but I could be wrong.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundromat in Poipu?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

There is no laundromat here in the Po'ipu area - the closest would be in the Ele'ele Shopping Center about 15 minutes to the West of Koloa.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundromat in Poipu?

The Hyatt has free washers & dryers in the Shipwreck wing - I used them last September. They even had stacks of free detergent and fabric softener next to the detergent vending machine, but it was the highly-fragranced kind (Tide & Downy) so bring your own if you are sensitive. Also, keep an eye on the time or you'll come back to find your clothes piled on top of the dryer or the floor (ah, it was like college days all over again!).

Bullet 12 on this list (though they don't mention it's free) - …hyatt.com/en/hotel/our-hotel/onsite.html Yes, they also offer laundry services - I think it was $8-10 per item!

There are other newer posts on this topic: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k46296…

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,381 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundromat in Poipu?

You can request to be on the floor or near the Laundry Rooms at the Hyatt. We always request the Poipu Wing so that we have a view of Shipwreck Rock from our balcony and use theirs. One of the first years bringing our grandchild we happened to luck out and got rooms down the hallway from the LR. Made it easier for my dil to run over and change the laundry a couple times.

Great perk for a hotel.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,666 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundromat in Poipu?

Yep, I too have used the laundry facilities at the Hyatt. It's very close to the lobby but on the Shipwreck wing. Never had any issues with people moving my stuff. I don't remember anyone else using it at the time.

8. Re: Laundromat in Poipu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 06:17