We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lawai Beach Resort condos

M B
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Topic
Lawai Beach Resort condos

We are looking for a 1 bedroom 2 bath condo in the Poipu area. We enjoy spending time at the beach and pool, breakfast on the lanai, grilling dinner, and walking. We also want a well appointed kitchen, as well as a washer and dryer in the unit. Comments on the Lawai Beach Resort will be appreciated.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lawai Beach Resort condos

all of those amenities can be found at Poipu Kai with parking out front of your condo. We walked the short distance to poipu beach park, and also had wonderful early morning walks/hike over to shipwreck, past the hyatt and along the beautiful coastal dunes and cliffs toward maha'ulepu. A great way to start the day.

Poipu Kai has several pools, the main swimming pool, and the semi private pool for the individual section that you are staying....and your key to your pool and the main pool. Manualoha was our favorite section pool overlooking brenneckes and poipu beach park.

I worked at lawai beach resort, at the expedia desk, did not stay there as visitors, and not sure about them having washers and dryers in the individual rooms, just do not recall. Poipu Kai did which was great not only for washing out clothes, swim suits and towels , but enabled us to plan a head and travel with one carry on only....no checked luggage.

Lawai Beach Resort, for many of the units, has great views looking out over the pool area, the beach and the ocean. And Lawai Beach has the best snorkeling on the island. It is just across the road.. The pool area is very nice, and has bbq's located at the pool.

For bbqing, Poipu Kai has bbq's at each buidling, and makes iife easy and not crowded and an easy few steps from the condo, or patio lanai. In 12 years , it was never necessary to share or have any wait time for the bbq at poipu kai.. We bbq'd most of the nights, and cooked breakasts in our fully 100% appointed kitchen, and ate our on our garden view lanai after our morning walks.

You can check into all of those amenities for both places to verify that they are what you require and are to your liking and then make an informed decision. Both properties are very nice, and you will not be disappointed.

Edited: 08 June 2014, 16:25
California
Level Contributor
36,398 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lawai Beach Resort condos

Have you read the reviews? I know people who own there and love it. It depends on which building you rent. These are timeshares units. Its across the street from a popular small snorkeling beach and one of the most popular restaurants on the island, Beach House. They are doing some remodeling of units but I'm not sure which building is being redone. Perhaps reading the recent reviews will answer that question.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lawai Beach Resort condos

I own at the Lawai Resort in the Banyan building. It's nothing ritzy but comfortable. There is no air conditioning and it can get a bit uncomfortable from time to time. I found that keeping the door open when we're in the unit helped (something I picked up by seeing some units keeping their doors All the units in the Banyan and Ali'i buildings have washers & driers in them. Units in the Coral building do not, but there is a laundry room. In the Banyan one bedroom units, the bedroom is by the door and not near the front of the unit facing the ocean. The Coral, Banyan & Ali'i each have their own pool, but if you're staying at Lawai you can use any pool. The Banyan pool is nicely landscaped with a small waterfall. There's not much in the way of dining close by (except the Beach House) if you eat out a lot, you'll be driving. However, Poipu is a short drive away & there's plenty there. As others have said, Lawai Beach is right across the road.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lawai Beach Resort condos

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I have some longtime visitor friends who own at Lawai Beach Resort - they are here now and I have been to their condo twice for lunch - top floor unit in bldg by the pool - lovely, airy unit with lanai that has a knockout view of the ocean.

They come over twice a year and I have always thought what a lovely complex it is - beach right across the street with some fabulous snorkeling - great swimming pool and hot tubs.

I think it is a great place - at least the units that they have stayed in.

Malama Pono,

Janet

M B
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lawai Beach Resort condos

Thank-you for the information. Do you rent out your unit?

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lawai Beach Resort condos

Lawai is a timeshare. People sometimes rent their weeks out - check out redweek.com. redweek.com/resort/P1261-lawai-beach-resort

If you own at another timeshare, you may be able to trade into Lawai through RCI, etc.

7. Re: Lawai Beach Resort condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 05:17