We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiahuna Plantation

Edmonds, WA.
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kiahuna Plantation

Anyone one recommend a specific condo rental that was nice at the Kiahuna Plantation? One bedroom, ocean or garden view, with pool access? Looking to book 08/13-08/14. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Kiahuna Plantation Resort
1,837 Reviews
Kauai, HI
California
Level Contributor
9,959 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

So, just two nights? I'd just stay at the Sheraton next door. Here's one at KP, but I'd be very surprised if it's available. www.kiahunaplantationcondos.com

California
Level Contributor
39,765 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

Thats actually is one night according to the way I read reservations. Yes the Sheraton is a better idea or you will need to go through the management companies.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

That doesn't meet the typical minimum stays as required by most owners. You can get around the minimum stay requirements by renting a unit through one of the two rental companies that together manage most of the units at KP. This would be Outrigger Resorts Kiahuna Plantation or Castle Resorts Kiahuna Plantation. However when you rent through them you don't get to pick the exact unit you want. You rent by view category.

Mentioned in this post
1,837 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Edmonds, WA.
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

my mistake, we are staying seven nights.

California
Level Contributor
9,959 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

Oh, good! I'd book with Castle to ensure access to the pool. castleresorts.com/Home/accommodations/kiahun…

You can also take a look at VRBO, but if the unit is managed by Outrigger there's a good chance you won't have pool privileges.

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

I've stayed at Kiahuna #123, http://www.vrbo.com/94897 ...really nice condo. Top notch. A bit farther away from many of the condos, but has a nice ocean view. Great interior.

California
Level Contributor
39,765 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

Too bad he charges he for credit card fees. Nice condo though, tomtravel.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,454 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

I agree, nice looking unit, but anytime an owner lists an extra fee for using a credit card....I move on and look at other listings.

If the additional fee is not noted in the Ad, and. I come to discover it, I will inform the owner that is one of the reasons I am not considering the unit.

It is the principle of it for me. Include all costs in the Nightly rate....other than taxes of course, and be done. If you want to offer a "discount" to renter's paying by cheque so be it...

As a matter of fact, I recall someone mentioning it is illegal in the State of Hawaii to add a fee for using a credit card onto the accommodation rate.....perhaps that was a few years back...

Mentioned in this post
Edmonds, WA.
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

Beautiful unit. Booked during our stay.

Edmonds, WA.
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

Thank you. Will check this out along with VRBO. Just wondered about specific units people had stayed in.