We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in kauai in oct/nov

vancouver
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
weather in kauai in oct/nov

Hi I am looking to go on our honeymoon trip to hawaii..and i am trying to figure out what areas in kauai are the best for nice weather in Oct/NOV.

i am trying to decide between:

2) hanalei/princeville area

3)poipu area

4)lihue/wailua/kapaa area

any insight would be greatly appreciated,

thank you

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in kauai in oct/nov

i love the north shore, lush, tropical and beautiful. but if your main concern's the weather in oct/nov, you will most likely be happier in poi'pu/koloa area. can't go wrong with the hyatt for a honeymoon. nov is beginning of winter season in kaua'i and the north side will be wetter and the surf/current will be bigger/stronger.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
178 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in kauai in oct/nov

By all accounts South Kauai (Poipu) is best in the winter and maybe Oct/Nov classifies as same. Check out the Hyatt in Poipu for your honeymoon. But it kind of depends on your budget, tastes, and what you are looking to do. The Hyatt is a large resort with beachfront, but set back aways and is not swimmable and none of their rooms are oceanfront compared to the Sheraton's oceanfront which is just yards from the beach. There are a lot of previous posts about honeymooning in Kauai. Congratulations and happy planning!

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,135 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in kauai in oct/nov

You could go either south or north in Oct/Nov. It's hard to say what the weather and waves will do, though. South is probably safer. Or, stay east (#4 above) and have the flexibility to head in either direction easily. (We always stayed East side for this reason.)

4. Re: weather in kauai in oct/nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 06:22