We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lawai Beach Resort - Hawaii

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
5 posts
Save Topic
Lawai Beach Resort - Hawaii

Hi everyone,

I could use your help. I am planning a trip to Hawaii and possibly staying at the Lawai Beach Resort. Most of the reviews are positive but there are those very negative ones that scare me.

Can anyone give me some feedback on this resort. It is probably going to be a once in a lifetime trip for us, and although I don't need an absoltuely gorgeous place, I do want a nice, clean place with pools and beach nearby.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

hawaii09

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lawai Beach Resort - Hawaii

Lawai Beach Resort

Having poreviously worked as a concierge at the Lawai Beach Resort, talked with many people who stayed there. Some year, after year, after year.

They all seemed pleased. Many would come by the concierge desk, and drop of thank you gifts. It was a quite friendly atmosphere.

On thrs., fri, and sat., nights you are greeted with a maitai welcoming,

On tuesday nights they have a fun pot luck out by the pool. Complete with complementary maitais, made by the host ( which was me at that time ).

Pool area is very nice, but not a water park like the hyatt.

People are friendly, and you can walk just across the road to Lawai Beach, for sun fun or snorkeling.

You are also steps from the Beach House restaurant for a special dinner out.

Also, there are bbq's out by the pool.

very close is allerton national botanical gardens, spouting horn, kiki'ula small boat harbor for a sunset poipu cruise with capt. andy.

Plus, poipu beach, koloa town, poipu shopping village,horseback riding, ATV tours, golf and tennis are all very near.

Denny

Philadelphia, PA
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lawai Beach Resort - Hawaii

Thank you very much. If you think of any other tips, I would be most grateful

hawaii09

California
Level Contributor
35,591 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lawai Beach Resort - Hawaii

There is a shopping center being built behind this complex so I would be cautious with what unit I reserved. Perhaps you could email some people who have stayed there recently. It is in a nice location across the street from one of my favorite restaurants, Beach House.

In regards to reviews, toss out the best and toss out the worst. Take all the ones in the middle and that is probably the truth. Don't read any reviews older than 2 years. Many things change about a complex within 2 years especially with timeshare properties. Another nice timeshare property (if you are exchanging points) is The Pointe. Just another idea to look into.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lawai Beach Resort - Hawaii

Hawaii09,

Upstairs , in what they call the coral building, ask at concierge,or the reception desk, is a small deli, nice room to relax, pool table, and outside a small miniture golf area. ( on the roof ).

Should you want to rent bikes, or maybe take a kayak trip up to secret falls on the Wailua, OUTFITTERS has a van, and a trailer for the kayaks.

They drive you up there, and you can relax for the ride up and back, and let them do the work.

OUTFITTERS is only a short drive of about 2 minutes from the LBR.

Snorkeling at Lawai beach, across the road, is really easy, but take a look at the beach.

You enter at the sandy area, and not over the rocks.

Prior to getting in the water , look at the sandy area, and up toward the road.

There will be a diamond shaped road sign, and a small square no parking sign. They just happen to be landmarks that line up with the sandy

ava". Those landmarks will also help you to find the sandy area when coming back in to the beach after snorkeling.

Back acrosss the road from the beach, toward the LBR, are restrooms, and outside showers for washing off the snorkel gear, and you.

We always rinse off our snorkel gear with fresh water.

Also,there is a little snack truck next to the shower to help deminish any food cravings.

Oh, up at the same little mall where OUFITTERS is located ( you will see a little yellow submarine ).

In that small strip mall is a wee bit of a take out food place. We have not eaten there, but might be convenient over a restaurant. You can take the food back to the LBR, and relax at the pool, or your condo.

Suekoas Store in Koloa Town has a great rep for take out and plate lunches. ( 5 minute drive ).

Most of the other eateries will be described in the Ultimate Kauai Guidebook.

Also in that same little mall with Outfitters, is the kukui'ula market. From the outside it looks small like a 7-11, but it is really quite large, and we use it for small quick purchases when in the poipu area.

Most of the info that I have given you, is for easy going, not expensive activity. There are plenty of resorts all over the area, as well as resort area priced establishments.

You will have lots and lots of things to chose from and enjoy.

Once in a while, we like to visit the resorts and play visitor:

The outdoor tiki bar at the Waiohai for ocean views, outdoor fun, relax, and tasty grilled right there lunches. Probably our favorite.

Hyatt for the torch lighting, and free keiki hula show. On the terrace.

Hyatt, Stevensons Library for sushi and jazz. Check on those nights, I believe fri and sat, but could be more.

Sheraton has the POINT, great lounge, with huge glass windows looking out over the ocean. NICE !

Tom Kats, in Koloa Town, after snorkeling or hiking, for lunch. We sit at the tiny bar, and talk story.

Other places that we go for a special night out.

Beach House, Plantation Gardens, Casabalanca, Donderos ( Hyatt), and next week we will be trying Tide Pools at the Hyatt ( with our friends ) for this months special dinner out.

Lots to do in the poipu/koloa area, so you wont be bored, and especially since you also have the entire island to explore.

Denny

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lawai Beach Resort - Hawaii

<<Another nice timeshare property (if you are exchanging points) is The Pointe. Just another idea to look into.>>

The Pointe at Poipu is a very nice condo complex. Are you an RCI owner? It is now owned by Diamond Resorts.

https://www.sunterraresorts.com/index.aspx…

new york, ny
Level Contributor
82 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lawai Beach Resort - Hawaii

We stayed there with my family (all adults ranging from 25 to 55) maybe 3 years ago and it was nice and at a great price for Christmas week. The only complaint that I have about it is that at that time there was NO air conditioning in any of the rooms, we ended up not needing any since it was winter but I would think it would get hot in the summer, although in the past 3 years they may have added a/c to the units.

The pool area was nice for a timeshare property but it's certainly not like staying at a big chain hotel, it's not fancy, but it's clean and the location was great for us. They had internet access so my tech savy brother was able to play his x-box so he was very pleased with the property! Have a good trip!

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lawai Beach Resort - Hawaii

We were there last month and it was great. And except for when we left our room we didn't even know the construction was going on behind it. The pools looked OK but like so many others we didn't use them. After going all that way there is just too much other stuff to see to just stay around the resort. And the beach is literally right across the street. We would open our lanai door and listen to the surf and watch the surfers. We would certainly go back again.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lawai Beach Resort - Hawaii

Aloha from Kaua'i!

The actual shopping mall of Kukui'ula is being developed directly off Po'ipu and Lawai Roads area by the "roundabout" - a fair ways away from Lawai Beach Resort.

The area behind Lawai Beach Resort is supposed to be for luxury homes, golf course, pro shop and more condos - don't know when they are anticipated to start up with actual construction. They are working mostly now on the shopping mall - which will be very large indeed with lots of upscale tenants - kind of like in the Ka'anapali area on Maui.

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
Level Contributor
35,591 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lawai Beach Resort - Hawaii

Thanks Janet for that. Good to know it shouldn't affect their stay.

10. Re: Lawai Beach Resort - Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 00:17