We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sealodge building diagram

Eastern Connecticut
Level Contributor
267 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Sealodge building diagram

Does anyone have a diagram of the Sealodge property identifying each unit? Their website has one but the print is so small I can't decipher it.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sealodge building diagram

This will work to show you the building #'s.

www.wizardpub.com/kauai/krsealodge.html

Eastern Connecticut
Level Contributor
267 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sealodge building diagram

Thanks. That's a good diagram to show the buiding configurations. Now I need some way to match up the unit numbers.

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sealodge building diagram

Contact Ahh Aloha (talk to Sandy) We rented from them and stayed at the Alli Kai and they were great to work with. Don't know if you are renting from them or not, but I know Sandy would be able to help you locate the location of your unit.

You can view the units under "Take Me There" on Wizard Pub and maybe get an idea from the views as how they are located. Difficult, but you could figure it out.

Edited: 13 February 2010, 15:27
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sealodge building diagram

The lower numbers are ground floor units and the highest numbers are the third floor units. The great thing about Sealodge is that all the condos have ocean views, although the views in the B and F buildings are more obscured by the other buildings.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,056 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sealodge building diagram

A couple of years ago we stayed in E8 which was on the second floor and faced Kilauea Lighthouse, if that's helpful. Still have one of the sunrise pics we took as my desktop.

Oregon
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sealodge building diagram

You might try asking an agency or private party who rents a condo at Sealodge to send you a more detailed map, if one is available. When we stayed there, the lady we rented from sent a map along with check-in instructions a couple of months before arriving. I knew the building we would be staying in, but not the actual location in the building before renting (other than top floor).

I think condo communities should realize how helpful it is to potential renters to have more detailed maps showing the exact location of each unit. Some do, but many don't.

Edited: 14 February 2010, 18:38
Eastern Connecticut
Level Contributor
267 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sealodge building diagram

Thank you to all who replied. I agree that some condo units are better than others in supplying info. When the view is such an important part of the decision process when renting oceanfront property, the more info the better. That is why I rely so much on input from all the wonderful contributors here on TA. I noticed that Sealodge also doesn't show bathroom pictures. Makes you wonder...but I think someone told me that all units were required to update the bathrooms about 4-5 years ago. Sealodge is also tough to figure out because the building footprints all appear to be a little different. 1-4 seem to be ground level, 5-7 2nd floor and 8 and up - top floor.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sealodge building diagram

We have rented Sealodge condos from Sandy at Ahh- Aloha for the last 5 years. We stay either in the D or E building. We like being on the upper floors.

We are usually in a one bedroom unit. The bathroom is small. The sink vanity is separate from tub/toilet. We find it just fine for the 2 of us. The view and the price is what makes staying at Sealodge great.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sealodge building diagram

Having stayed in unit D-9 last summer, I would definitely suggest a 2nd or 3rd floor. Even though it means more stairs, it will provide much more privacy than a ground floor unit. At least in the D building, somebody really planned these units well since we only shared a partial wall with the unit next door which was actually a half a floor lower. And there was no unit on the other side.

Also keep in mind that there is not just one "Sealodge website". The units are rented by a number of different agencies as well as directly by individual owners on sites like vrbo.com. I would check out the reviews here on TA and narrow it down to a few units you are interested and then submit a new post to get feedback on those particular units.

IMO Sealodge is a great value. The units aren't all that big, but it was quite adequate for the two of us. And the money we saved versus what we would have spent elsewhere for similar accommodations allowed us to splurge on some other activities. As long as you get the right unit I don't think you'll be disappointed.

California
Level Contributor
36,666 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sealodge building diagram

My advice is read the reviews.