We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now I am here

California
Level Contributor
39,668 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Now I am here

Aloha and I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be back on Kauai.

Flight over was easy, friendly and happy passengers were on the full flight from SFO and I was welcomed to the island by sunshine.

Had a quick howdy with Koloagirl in Lihue, picked up my husband who was on a different flight than me and up to the North Shore we went. No tree trimming, no delays on the Wailua Bridge, no traffic.

Had dinner tonight at Makana Terrace at St Regis. I liked Kauai Grill MUCH better. But what an evening. Warm, beautiful sunsets and that view! Wow! The SR was buzzing with an insurance convention. My husband was not thrilled with the remodel. His thoughts were it looked like a hotel in Morrocco, I don't care what he says, I think its beautiful!

Now we are back and going to sit on the lanai and appreciate what God has created. If I try anything new or see anything of interest I will report back.

Looking forward to meeting CindylovesKauai on Thursday and seeing other friends at the TA get together on Sunday.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Lihue
Lihue
Kauai, HI
Makana Terrace
Makana Terrace
759 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now I am here

I was watching the sunset, too, down at Salt Ponds with the neighborhood. Gorgeous! It was a beautiful evening,the perfect end to a beautiful day! See you soon.

Edited: 12 May 2010, 07:51
Michigan
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Now I am here

We enjoyed the sunset at Poipu. What a gorgeous evening! We had dinner at Brennecke's - it was most excellent. I had the combo plate of grilled Ono and Opah with the tropical salsa, fresh veggies and bow tie pasta. My daughter had the sauteed opah with lemon caper sauce. Everyone's dinner was excellent. After dinner, we strolled down the path at the Waiohai and Koa Kea. Both beautiful properties. We are so very happy to see Koa Kea opened finally. Wonderful evening.

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,426 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Now I am here

Bravo Jebett! Have a wonderful time. Soak up some of that lovely Kauai sun, and watch out for the strong waves. (Have several of those little drinks with the umbrellas in them!) ALOHA!!!

And, please send PM with address, so I can FedEx lots of my work (which I'm not doing now) to keep you busy over there! ;)

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Drums, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
816 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now I am here

I am soooooooo jealous, but knowing that I will be looking at that same sunset in just 9 days gives me hope.

So you will be gone by the time I get there on the 21st??

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Now I am here

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Have fun visiting and soaking up the rays!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,202 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Now I am here

Rich, you're jealous???? At least you'll be on Kauai in a few days....I'm sitting here at my desk with no plans of being on Kauai....

For all of you on Kauai now or shortly - have the most wonderful time...

Aloha,

3Chihuahuas

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,154 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Now I am here

Ah, sounds lovely Jebett! Enjoy your time . . . we love your posts. :)

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,997 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Now I am here

Aloha from Kaua'i!

E Komo Mai "Jebett" - welcome back to your Kaua'i!

Enjoyed our little talk story session at the every popular and well reviewed (foodies love it you know - lol!) Costco food court! And a big mahalo for the goodies as well - I'm enjoying some toast from that bread this morning with my coffee - yummo!!! The Hyatt last night was really empty - I guess there is one big group in-house, and they were all attending a private lu'au downstairs - so I could count the people in the audience at torchlighting on my fingers (if I'd wanted to!).

Looks to be a great day outside - I'm going to have to miss my water exercise class 'cause I'm working at the Kaua'i Museum this morning - but maybe this afternoon I can sneak down to Kukui'ula Harbor and take a dip - it has geen so pretty this week and the water almost feels warm (almost!).

Glad to know you got ALL the way up North safe and sound - hope to see you later this week! Have a lovely day on "Beautiful Kaua'i"!!!! And everyone else as well who is here (visiting or otherwise!).

Malama Pono,

Janet

P.S. Hooray -my Auntie's gardenias are finally in bloom, so no more "fake kind" gardenias for my hair - the real deal now!

California
Level Contributor
39,668 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Now I am here

Rich, yes I will miss meeting you by a few days. I promise to save this gorgeous weather for you.

Caddy: I am sitting on the lanai listening to the birds (and a rooster of course) having some Kauai coffee and waiting for your Fed Ex.

For those of you coming over soon, the weather looks to be perfect the next week.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
California
Level Contributor
9,913 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Now I am here

Hey jebett--I've been thinking about you today. I spent the day "babysitting" about 170 9th graders in a health class (don't be jealous). Just trying to make a little extra money to try one of those pineapple mojitos and dinner at Kauai Grill. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion of the new wine bar (?) next to Tahiti Nui. Have a wonderful time!!

Mentioned in this post
Kauai Grill
Kauai Grill
779 Reviews
Kauai, HI