We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas at Kamali'i #3

tucson
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Villas at Kamali'i #3

Hello everyone,

My family of four is planning a trip to Kauai in May & June 2011. We found this villa to stay in and was wondering if anyone had stayed at this specific townhome or had any other information about the complex. The price just can't be beat and that's what makes me nervous. Thanks in advance for your help.

http://www.vrbo.com/75915

Aloha,

hoobieton

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
California
Level Contributor
39,771 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villas at Kamali'i #3

I don't think I have ever been in this unit, but I have been in many Kamali'i condos. They are sort of townhouse style and very close to the entrance of Princeville. I didn't know these units could be rented on a nightly basis. I was always told they had to be 30 day minimum because they are located in the Queen's Bluff neighborhood which have very strict rental requirements. HUM!!

Anyway the floor plan is nice. They have a master upstairs along with the kitchen, living room etc and 2 bedrooms downstairs. It gives you lots of space to spread out. The pool is nothing special. What is nice is it's so close to the shopping center and park that you can walk over with the kids.

The price certainly is reasonable. It looks like this might be a new owner who is trying to get reservations or they aren't supposed to rent nightly. I could be mistaken about Kamali'i but that is what I was told to me by a realtor when we were looking to buy a condo. We decided against this complex for that reason.

I have a good friend who rents a 3 bedroom every Jan and Feb and she really likes them.

Have a great time.

tucson
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villas at Kamali'i #3

Thank you for the information. I spoke to you two years ago for our first trip to Kauai. We stayed in Hale Maile in Hanalei but don't want to stay there again. There seems to be alot of townhomes in Villas of Kamali'i that you can rent by the night. Is that something I should be worried about?

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Hanalei
Hanalei
Kauai, HI
California
Level Contributor
39,771 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villas at Kamali'i #3

A thousand apologies!!! I was thinking of Villas on the Prince. Hadn't had enough coffee this morning.....

Let's start over.

Villa's of K are on the road across the street from The Makai Golf Course Clubhouse and Makai timeshares which are due for renovations this year. Some have peaks of the mountain and or golf course. They are okay. I haven't been inside one for a very long time. I know there are a lot of them for sale.

USA, WA
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villas at Kamali'i #3

we have been going to Kauai for the past 3 years and staying in Villas of Kamalii for the last two.

I can not say anything about villa #3 (we've been staying in #51), but complex itself is very quite, very clean and almost deserted, at least in September.....

The view of the mountains is magnificent and the pool is quite nice, and almost always we are the only people there.

These villas are duplexes, usually 3 bedrooms, well separated from each other. First master bedroom on the top floor on the same level with kitchen and living area, second (smaller) bedroom at the main entry level with shower across the hallway and third- again master bedroom downstairs with a full bath.

The floor plan works great for us since we usually go with another family of friends. If we go back we stay in Villas again.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Bay Area California
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Villas at Kamali'i #3

I can't comment on the Villas at Kamali'i but at the moment we are on the island and are staying at at the Villas on the Prince which have the same floor plan as the one you are looking at. We are very happy with the unit. Who wouldn't be as my view at the moment is looking at the mountains from the bay window. Amazing view. We also like the two master bedroom suits since we have family coming soon and everyone get their own baths and bedrooms.

It sounds like you might be staying for a while on the island. You might want to check out this unit as the owner was wonderful to deal with and since we are staying a month gave us a VERY good rate on the unit.

http://www.vrbo.com/15731

6. Re: Villas at Kamali'i #3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 20:05
7. Re: Villas at Kamali'i #3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 22:35
California
Level Contributor
39,771 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villas at Kamali'i #3

Ownerrenter:

This thread is about Villas and not Puamana.

I am not sure why you keep commenting on Puamana.

Ladysmith, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villas at Kamali'i #3

The Villas of Kamalii are not located in or near Queen Emmas Bluff as noted by another responder. Those are similar condos called Villas on the Prince and those are located in the Queen Emmas area. Restrictions are on the homes in Queen Emmas.

Villas of Kamalii are near the back entrance to Princeville and have three bedrooms and three full baths. Spacious unit townhouse style with upstairs and downstairs so noone below or above you and a nice project. The complex has a pool, hot tub and barbeque fenced in area. 8 to 10 minutes down the hill to Hanalei Bay.

You will be happy with your choice. The rates are very good and it appears to be nicely furnished. This complex is gated. I will be staying at a different unit early next year.

California
Level Contributor
39,771 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villas at Kamali'i #3

<<The Villas of Kamalii are not located in or near Queen Emmas Bluff as noted by another responder.>>

As noted in my second response, I corrected myself.

<< thousand apologies!!! I was thinking of Villas on the Prince. >>