We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo recommendations in Princeville Area

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern California
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Condo recommendations in Princeville Area

Hi all. My husband and I are visiting Kaua'i in February and are bringing our 3 year old and 6 month old children. We plan on finding lodging in the north shore.

I'm hoping to get suggestions on good condos with decent views of the ocean / or relatively near the beach, with washer/dryer included in the unit all fo the price of about $150/night.

I started looking around and emailed one condo management company and got these:

Plantation at Princeville

Pu'u Poa at Princeville

Pali Ke Kua Princeville

Would appreciate feedback (good/bad) about these property - thank you!

Edited: 05 September 2010, 16:04
Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo recommendations in Princeville Area

I've never seen anything close to that price per night at Pu'u Poa, but I suppose it is possible. It is a very nice complex with spacious units. Pali Ke Kua is also nice -- I don't believe most units there have in unit washers and dryers. If you go there be aware that these have nice views, but are perched right on steep cliffs with no fence. There are also some nice reasonably priced units at the Hanalei Bay Villas and The Cliffs with in unit laundry facilities. At any rate, I would recommend that you deal with someone that can guarantee a specific unit. These are privately owned condos and the interior, furnishings, etc. can vary a lot.

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo recommendations in Princeville Area

The units at Pali Ke Kua do have washer/dryer in unit.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo recommendations in Princeville Area

Oops! I stand corrected. It's been awhile since we have stayed there and I forgot about the bathroom closet laundry.

denville, nj
Level Contributor
704 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo recommendations in Princeville Area

Plantation at Princeville has 2-3 bedroom units in your price range(we are renting a 3 bedroom through a private owner for 150 per night.)Rented it last summer for 179. No ocean view unless you count a distant peek at the horizon from the lanai. I've seen 2 bedrooms listed for less. Most I've seen listed have washer dryer.I think the complex is about 4-5 years old. Some units have windows on the main road and could get noisy, but ours, one road in and facing the courtyard pool jacuzzi and BBQ area was quiet. Definitely rent from someone who can guarantee a specific unit. We felt the trade off of ocean view was worth the difference in price. Most beaches where you would go with little kids require a drive from Princeville.

Northern California
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo recommendations in Princeville Area

Thanks all!

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo recommendations in Princeville Area

We stayed at Pu'u Poa in Sept 2009 and our unit (403) was very nice. Highly recommend this complex.

www.wizardpub.com/kauai/kauaerials.html

Click on the resort you want to view. Then scroll down to "take me there" to view condo's for rent.

California
Level Contributor
36,077 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo recommendations in Princeville Area

Last year I remember a post about a frequent TA poster getting a great deal in Puu Poa 413 I think it was. It is managed by Amy Grant or maybe it was Ahh Aloha who offered that great rate. It seemed the agent was trying to fill in her calendar and offered this steal of a rate. So check out Amy's listings at Puu Poa and see if anything looks nice. Of all those condos listed, Puu Poa would be the nicest of those you listed.

www.summitpacificinc.com/puu-poa-413.html

Here's another for $199. Ground floor and right in front of the pool. Could be a good thing or bad to be so close to the pool with little ones.

www.summitpacificinc.com/puu-poa-101.html

Edited: 05 September 2010, 22:48
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,428 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo recommendations in Princeville Area

You might also check with Parrish. I know they are running some discounts on some of their properties:

www.parrishkauai.com/princeville-rentals/

9. Re: Condo recommendations in Princeville Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 17:05
so cal
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Condo recommendations in Princeville Area

Mauna kai 9a is perfect!!! over 1500 sq feet two huge bedrooms and living room --fully equiped including all beach gear and movies newly decorated

Just a GREAT condo five minutes to Anini beach on Wyllie rd

Ocenfrontreality.com has details