We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

some great coffee in north shore

bay area
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
some great coffee in north shore

I will be traveling with my hubby and 1.5 year old to kauai during christmas holidays. My husband loves coffee, so please suggest some great local coffee shops (not starbucks) in north shore..

also all around kauai.. :))

California
Level Contributor
9,637 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: some great coffee in north shore

Java Kai in Hanalei is our favorite!

Edited: 11 November 2010, 00:01
bay area
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: some great coffee in north shore

Thanks for this quickie.. :) will definitely try this place..

others please please respond.. :))))

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,998 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: some great coffee in north shore

You need to get out to Kauai Coffee, they have a tasting room and walking tour.

http://www.kauaicoffee.com/

3Chihuahuas

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,776 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: some great coffee in north shore

East shore, but great coffee in north Kapa`a at Small Town Coffee, the blue building diagonally across from the library.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: some great coffee in north shore

For north shore, definitely must go to Java Kai in Hanalei. Sit on the porch or the picnic tables and watch the world go by. Can't miss it. I also very much liked espresso bar at Kilauea Bakery & Pau Hana Pizza in center of Kong Lung Center on the way to the lighthouse. Pleasant place to sit outside, next to some nice shops. We also had a stuffed biali, spelt bread & hummus & cheese pizza for the kids. No Starbucks.

Bay Area California
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: some great coffee in north shore

While it's not on the north shore I have to second going to Kauai Coffee. Lots of coffee to taste for free and you can let the little one run off some steam on the self guided tour.

I have pictures and more about it on my blog: http://athomeinnapablog.com/?p=754

Edited: 11 November 2010, 03:21
California
Level Contributor
37,009 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: some great coffee in north shore

Java Kai for sure (be on Pierce Brosnan and Julia Roberts alert as they frequent this place when in town) and there's a pretty good place in the Princeville Shopping center between a new surf shop and Federico's Mexican food back by the post office.

Who wants to drive to Kapaa for coffee in the morning????

I just thought of another place. Hanalei Grindz in the Chevron Gas station.

No Starbucks on the North Shore, thank God!

bay area
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: some great coffee in north shore

creativetype : your blog is just superb.. i'm not sure if the website of kauaicoffeecompany will be that informative.. after seeing those beans i can't resist going there..

mahalo to all who responded..

BC
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: some great coffee in north shore

Yep, JAVA KAI in Hanalei! Awesome espresso. Cool place to hang out. I will be there in just 26 short days!!!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,884 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: some great coffee in north shore

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Not a ton of coffee houses here on Kaua'i and the North Shore really only has the two that have already been mentioned - Java Kai which is in Hanalei town and the Hanalei Grindz - which is up the hill in the Princeville Shopping Center.

Otherwise, all the others are in various places around the island - Small Town Coffee (Kapa'a) , Lappert's Ice Cream and Coffee (Po'ipu area), Koloa Mill Coffee and Ice Cream (Old Koloa town), Kalaheo Cafe and Coffee (Kalaheo), Kaua'i Coffee (outside Kalaheo on Numila Rd.), and a little drive-thru expresso place in Waimea town that the name is just escaping me at the moment.

Malama Pono,

Janet