We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sealodge E10, A1, or C5? Inputs?

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sealodge E10, A1, or C5? Inputs?

I think I've finally finalized my options. I tried looking for cottages and condos that fit our criteria and our budget, and it looks Sealodge would be our best option. Of course, as recommended on here, it's important to read reviews of each unit before booking one. I've looked through TA reviews and googled each units, but not much comes up or any recent ones.

Anyone ever stayed in any of the units or have any inputs? The popular ones are either booked or do not fit our budget. So I'll have to settle with one of these 3. Any help is appreciated.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,622 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sealodge E10, A1, or C5? Inputs?

Check out this link if you need an idea of the location of each of the 3 units..

www.wizardpub.com/kauai/krsealodge.html

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,283 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sealodge E10, A1, or C5? Inputs?

Haven't stayed in those units. I know some people like the first floor units (like A1) because they can walk right out on the grass area, but personally for us, the ground floor units are not near as private, especially unit A1 which is right along the path down to the beach. I could find several reviews on the other two units which were generally very favorable.

Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sealodge E10, A1, or C5? Inputs?

Thank you. I've checked out the buildings for these condo units. It's the interior that I would like to know. Yea A1 seemed favorable in the inside. That's one of the reasons we were ok with a ground floor coz you can just walk out to the lawn. We stayed on the ground floor at kuhio shores and we loved it. Privacy wasn't an issue because we felt things will still be private. Maybe we'll try to find another ground unit away from the trail to the beach.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sealodge E10, A1, or C5? Inputs?

We stayed in E10 last June. I liked it. Bedroom faces the Kilauea Lighthouse and the sun wakes you in the am.

As has already been said about Sealodge in previous posts these are not the newest or fanciest units. We usually stay in Sealodge every year. I like that it is not a huge complex.

We usually like to stay in the upper units, less noise and more privacy.

This unit has a washer and dryer which means you can pack light. I should follow my own advice. LOL.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sealodge E10, A1, or C5? Inputs?

We stayed in C5 in Oct. 2009 and we just loved it. It was very clean and had everything we needed. The washer and dryer came in very handy. This unit is a corner unit, so the view is extra nice. Straight ahead is the open ocean breaking over the reef below and to the right the sun rises over the light house. The view out the kitchen window is over the parking lot, but look past that and look up to the mountains and ribbons of waterfalls. Jealousy is beginning to set in!

This is a nice complex. However, the pool lacks imagination and the grill could stand to be modernized. Having said that, we plan to return. Sealodge beach snorkeling was the best of the trip.

Hope you have an amazing trip.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sealodge E10, A1, or C5? Inputs?

See? This is driving me crazy lol I need to get off of this board and book. I thought I had decided on Plantations but now.....

Dear OP I was trying to decide between Sealodge and Plantations lol and your post is making me waffle again.

I do want the ocean views but I do not like not knowing for sure what I am getting! I saw so many reviews about rusty this and that and windows that would not shut and dirty floors as if the unit had sat unrented for a long time. Moldy smells etc, kind of creeped me to be honest. Then there are really no grounds and the pool is nothing to write home about.

Have you decided?

Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sealodge E10, A1, or C5? Inputs?

Yea I understand you about knowing what you're getting. I had a hard time deciding but we fnally decided we'll go for Sealodge C5. We'll only use the place to sleep and get ready. There's a lot of places we can enjoy in Kauai.

Mississauga, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sealodge E10, A1, or C5? Inputs?

Hi Cler67,

How did C5 end up working out for you? Is the place clean? One of the other reviewers from 2008 had the following to say: towels were very small and thin, the couch smelled so bad I had to cover it with a blanket. Did you find this to be the case?

Do you have any pictures of the place that you can share?

Thanks!

Kal

Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sealodge E10, A1, or C5? Inputs?

Hi! C5 was great! It was clean! The bed was comfortable and the bed didn't smell anything bad, I remember hanging my husband and I hanging out a lot in the living room too. The view was great! I believe the pictures the owner posted are accurate. I love how the bedroom had a window and a great view also. I loved sleeping with the window open and heating the waves crashing.

As for the towels, I don't remember anything particularly wrong. If you plan to use the kitchen, the appliances aren't particularly new, but it works.

I would recommend this place compared to the condo we stayed at in Poipu.

California
Level Contributor
36,089 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sealodge E10, A1, or C5? Inputs?

FYI: Never go by a review from 2008. A lot can change both good and bad. I only read reviews within the last year.

Here are reviews from last year but nothing recent.

www.summitpacificinc.com/sealodge-c5.html

Cler67: did you know that hanging your husband is against the law...lol