We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princeville wedding reception

Casa Grande, Arizona
Level Contributor
27 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Princeville wedding reception

Can anyone suggest a nice reasonably priced location for a small wedding reception in the Princeville area?

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Princeville wedding reception

Most restaurants can help you with a reception - you might look into the

Lighthouse Bistro in Kilauea - not far from Princeville.

Infigos in the Pali Ke Kua complex in Princeviile

Bar Acuda in Hanalei can accommodate parties of about 15 or so.

Common Grounds in Kilauea isn't far from Princeville and can create a custom reception for you.

If you want to go a little further, the Mediterranean Gourmet puts on a very nice reception. It's in the Hanalei Colony Resort.

A little closer in on the east side, the Hukilau Lanai offers a banquet room for receptions.

If you just mean a dinner, Postcards in Hanalei is nice.

There are a lot of choices, depending on the size of your party and how elegant or casual you want to get.

California
Level Contributor
36,733 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princeville wedding reception

Tavern at Princeville or Med Gourmet. Not an Infigos fan! BarAcuda can do something outside but the ambience isn't great. Maybe give us more information.

Casa Grande, Arizona
Level Contributor
27 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Princeville wedding reception

We would like to have a beach wedding and an outdoor reception. We are open to 2 separate locations but if we could do both at the same place that would be great. The number of guests is still very much up in the air, I'm guessing 30 - 50.

Casa Grande, Arizona
Level Contributor
27 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Princeville wedding reception

Thank you for the great suggestions! I've checked out the websites and Lighthouse Bistro & Hukilau Lanai both look promising.

California
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Princeville wedding reception

My choice would be Med. Gourmet--beautiful beach and a great restaurant all right there. Check it out. www.hcr.com

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Princeville wedding reception

We ate at the LIghthouse Bistro and the food was terrible. One of the worst meals we had on our 2 wk trip.

Med Gourmet dinner was excellent. There was a wedding reception on the opposite side of the restaurant when we were having dinner.

Best dinner in Princeville was at the Tavern. We ate there 2 out of the 6 nights we were on the North shore.

California
Level Contributor
36,733 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Princeville wedding reception

I am not feeling the warm and fuzzys for Lighhouse Bistro. Actually I like eating there and have always had very good meals, but the ambience does nothing for me. Its a small mall.

When I was staying at Hanalei Bay Resort a few weeks ago there was a wedding going on. They got married on the beach below (Puu Poa) and the reception was in a tent on a grassy knoll overlooking Bali Hai and the bay. I watched them set it up. It was catered by the guy who owns Marks Place which I love. It was very pretty. The planner had twinkly lights and laterns all over and beautiful flower arrangements I watched them make. I think they had about 40 but the caterer told me they had been told it was going to be 80 so this area can hold up to 80 I guess. This location would be good depending on the time of year.

Hanalei
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Princeville wedding reception

Ditto on the great reviews for Meditteranean Gourmet at The Hanalei Colony Resort. Excellent fresh, local grown food and beautiful venue for a wedding and reception. Check them out at www.hcr.com

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Princeville wedding reception

The Mediterranean Gourmet does put on a lovely reception - and it's very easy if you end up having your wedding on the beach directly in front of the restaurant, over over to the side a bit. They do have an event planner for the reception, and likely also a list of wedding coordinators. Highly recommend.

The Lighthouse Bistro is a nice inland setting. While not elegant, it is casual yet fun. Their chef does catering out as well, if you choose a vacation rental with a large kitchen or room for a tent.

The Hukilau Lanai puts on a nice reception, with a private room for the party. The wedding can take place on the grassy lawn steps away from the beach, and just off to the side of the Ali'i section of the Kauai Coast Resort. It's a very reasonably priced venue, centrally located and near any last minute supplies you might need.

Sometimes it's the people that make the experience fun and stressfree. To some, the ease and feeling of aloha weighs more than an impeccable presentation with standoffish communication to make it happen. Staff changes so much, experiences can differ greatly in just a few months time. I'd go with whatever you feel will fit your style and vision for the occasion, and the comfort level you feel with those you are communicating with long distance.

Edited: 12 December 2011, 09:02
Casa Grande, Arizona
Level Contributor
27 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Princeville wedding reception

We decided on the Hukilau Lanai for both the wedding and the reception. Thanks for all your help!