We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princeville resort condos

noosa
Level Contributor
340 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Princeville resort condos

I just booked a lovely condo at Kiahuna Plantation/ Poipu for 3 people in march, 4 nights @ $650 all inclusive. It even has granite kitchen and a little ocean view. As the North side is suppose to be cheaper, I am surprised I can't find anything like that in the same price range. I was looking at Hanalei Bay Resort, which is $1,000 plus if you want a kitchen. Is there any other resort in Princeville as nice, but cheaper?

Mahola.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Princeville resort condos

Aloho Schatzie,

I like to recommend Sealodge or Alii Kai for a very nice ocean view in the roughly $150 per night range. Some units are more, but you can get a nice one for that price. Not sure how the interiors compare with the Kiahuna unit, but I've dropped enough glasses on my granite counters that I'd trade them straight up for Formica.

California
Level Contributor
37,447 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princeville resort condos

If you choose Sealodge make sure you get a 2 bedroom. The 1's are tiny. I am not a fan of the exterior, but the views are fabulous if you choose the right condo.

You may be having trouble getting a decent price at HBR because :

1. March is spring break and starts to get busy

2. You have 3 people which means you need a 2 bedroom, loft unit or someone with a sofabed

3. you have so few nights they aren't discounting

Studios are less expensive or suites without full kitchens that sleep 3

Depending on what's important to you will dictate what you get. You can get some pretty good deals at Princeville Plantation, but you will give up views. They also look like apartments. I like to refer people to Pali Ke Kua, but there you give up a good pool (its small and in the parking lot) and the options of bbqing. Some of the units have terrific views, though.

The deal you got at KP is pretty unreal. I wonder where the condo is located. That seems awfully cheap for 4 nights if you included tax and cleaning. If there is nothing hidden in that price, good for you. You scored!!!!

California
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Princeville resort condos

jebett--The deal she got at KP sounds like #233 for $160/night. It's on the site you gave on her other post. That's probably why you got a thank you :)

California
Level Contributor
37,447 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Princeville resort condos

Well then....good deal!!!!

noosa
Level Contributor
340 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Princeville resort condos

Thanks guys. I actually got #311 at KP. I just emailed a few owners direct and most came back much cheaper then the websites. My owner is NOT charging me for cleaning! Good deal hey? I had another offer for the same price at KP in one of the #100s. It was hard to decide.

In regards to HBR. We ARE happy with 1 bdr. and a sofa bed and just a griller, toaster, coffee maker, fridge and a microwave, since I 'll do a lot of cooking at KP.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Princeville resort condos

That does sound like a good deal - 4 nights for $650 after tax and outclean. That's less than $125 a night after you factor in the normal 13.25% tax and $100 plus outclean. Here's a youtube tour I found of KP 311. Definitely not the view you could get at Sealodge, if that's a priority.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr2lrxqUeLU

The VRBO site says the rate varies from $125-$185

http://www.vrbo.com/320868

California
Level Contributor
37,447 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Princeville resort condos

"griller"?

HBR doesn't allow bbq grills on the lanais. They are located near the small pool.

What you have described are the suites/hotel rooms at HBR. I only know 3 that have a small single sofa sleeper option and if you have a third adult they are not comfy.

Not charging for cleaning is a bonus for a 4 night stay. Here is an overhead view of KP. http://www.wizardpub.com/kauai/krkiahuna.html

Not sure where 311 is located, but I hope you will be happy. I have only one issue with this person's ad. It says:

<<Air Conditioning : The tropical breezes flowing through the beach house along with the ceiling fans in the bedroom and livingroom>>

Sorry but that isn't air conditioning...... When you pay the big bucks to include a/c, then you can boast you have air conditioning.....

Edited: 13 November 2011, 00:13
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Princeville resort condos

Jebett, shatzieNoosa is from Australia, where I believe "griller" (or in UK "cooker") is what we call a cook top/burner (not a full stove with oven).

Now BBQ is the same in all our English languages :-)

Looks like a beautiful place to enjoy your holiday. Enjoy!

noosa
Level Contributor
340 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Princeville resort condos

"Griller" in Australia means like a kitchen toaster/ griller where you can warm up breadrolls or melt cheese. It is the size of a shoe box.

Shame we can't post photos on TA. LOL.

Will be searching through all HBR sites to find a condo or suite with a comfy sofa sleeper by looking at other guest reviews. I swear by them! What is your condo like at HBR jebett?

I am not worried about aircon at KP, as it is winter. Guest reviews claimed very nice breeze throughout the condo. Looking at the map #311 must be located in the #31 building, which is beach front. Oh I am getting so excited, greeting everybody here in Australia with "Aloha" already.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Princeville resort condos

schatzieNoosa, thanks for the clarification. I think we call them "toaster ovens" (don't have one myself). We could learn through photos if we did have that feature on TA :-)