We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk from Hanalei Bay Resort to St. Regis???

Palo Alto, CA
7 posts
Save Topic
Walk from Hanalei Bay Resort to St. Regis???

Can anyone tell me how long it takes? Would that be walking on the beach or roads? Is the Puu Poa a lot closer to the St. Regis? Thanks very much.

California
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk from Hanalei Bay Resort to St. Regis???

Probably 5-10 minutes depending upon where you are in the HBR. You walk down the paved trail toward the beach and the St Regis will be right there on your right. The HBR also has a courtesy cart that will take you down the trail to the beach.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
572 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk from Hanalei Bay Resort to St. Regis???

The HBR and the St. Regis both have access to the same beach. So simply use the HBR's paved pathway down to the beach then make your way over to the St. Regis. Steep 10 minute walk perhaps. You can have a cart take you down to the beach if your are staying at HBR.

Edited: 09 February 2012, 21:53
California
Level Contributor
36,733 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk from Hanalei Bay Resort to St. Regis???

My usual routine is I walk out the front entrance of HBR down Honoiki Rd and left on the main road to go to the hotel. I then walk down the many steps and up the beach path back to HBR. It makes a nice day time walk. If all you want to do is walk to have lunch etc. then bgbaily is correct. A 5 minute walk down from the start of the path near the 4000 building but a 10 minute walk back up. There is a steep part to manuever. You can also cheat and walk across the lower tennis court.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,837 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk from Hanalei Bay Resort to St. Regis???

The cart will also take you back up the path. There's a call box, but I don't believe the carts operate after dark - so bring a flashlight.

3Chihuahuas

Palo Alto, CA
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk from Hanalei Bay Resort to St. Regis???

Thank you! I'm trying to decide between Hanalei Bay Resort and Puu Poa. We have 3 kids (7-12) so we'd also like to have a decent pool. So if I understand correctly, the easiest way to walk to the St Regis is on the beach? Is that true of the Puu Poa as well?

I really appreciate the help. We have always stayed in Poipu!

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walk from Hanalei Bay Resort to St. Regis???

From Puu Poa you would just walk a little ways down the street to the St. Regis. HBR has the better though if that is what you are looking for.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walk from Hanalei Bay Resort to St. Regis???

http://maps.yahoo.com/#q=Princeville%2C+HI&conf=1&start=1&lat=22.221460967084194&lon=-159.49370741844177&zoom=18&mvt=h&trf=0

bit of a cloudy picture but it shows the 3 resorts.

St. Regis is the structure at the end of Ka Haku Road. Working back you see their parking lot, then Puu Poa. It's about 500-600 ft on a paved road with little elevation change.

HBR is also adjacent but driving access is at the end of Honoiki road. There is no paved path across the valley in between. As others said, you'd go down to the beach then enter the St. Regis property.

Google map or Bing might have a better shot.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walk from Hanalei Bay Resort to St. Regis???

I meant to say that HBR has the better pool. Sorry, typing too fast.

California
Level Contributor
36,733 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walk from Hanalei Bay Resort to St. Regis???

If you stay at Puu Poa you walk right over to the hotel through the parking lot and go down the hundreds of stairs (feel the burn going back up) or go down the elevators inside the lobby to get to the beach. Puu Poa's units are very nice as long as you get the right one. You can go to the search box above and type in Puu Poa and some threads from about a month ago will pop up. There was this same debate very recently.

I own at HBR and I for obvious reasons think the pool is really nice and far superior to Puu Poa's. It was voted a top 10 pool in Hawaii a few years ago. To me the path to the beach and thus the hotel isn't a huge deal. You walk down the path, across the pool and up the elevator. It would be a pain if you had a disability but there is golf cart service if you don't want to walk. Its the only North Shore property with a paved path like that. Most others you walk down a steep muddy trail. I heard they just trimmed some of the overgrown trees as you walk down. The beach isn't my number one choice of best beach on Kauai, but its nice. A bit rocky in spots. The view is to die for.

The bottom line is Puu Poa condos are much closer and easier to get to St Regis than staying at HBR but HBR has the superior pool.

10. Re: Walk from Hanalei Bay Resort to St. Regis???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 16:21