We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic restaurant in Princeville area for anniversary

Baltimore
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic restaurant in Princeville area for anniversary

My wife and I will be visiting Kauai for our 20th anniversary. I'm looking for a nice romantic restaurant not too far from our hotel in Princeville. Any current suggestions?

Baltimore
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Romantic restaurant in Princeville area for anniversary

Ok. Here's the report. This is a very nice place. Get an early (5:30) reservation and be there a little early to make sure to get a window seat. We got there at 5 and went to to bar upstairs for a cocktail first. Nice place but way too much for a cocktail. I don't mind paying $ for excellent food but $16 for a pretty basic drink is too much. The meal at the Kauai grill was great. The service what you'd expect for a high end place. We had the tasting menu paired with wine. Probably was one of the best meals I ever ate. And the view is stunning. I'm pleased to have gone here. Would definitely recommend for special occasions.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,588 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Romantic restaurant in Princeville area for anniversary

Glad it worked out for you so well for your Anniversary.

Congrats on 20 years!

California
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Romantic restaurant in Princeville area for anniversary

Thank you for sharing your experience at Kauai Grill. Glad you had a wonderful romantic anniversary dinner.

California
Level Contributor
37,448 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Romantic restaurant in Princeville area for anniversary

Expensive? Oh yes, but I just paid $15 for a not so great drink at a local restaurant so I guess getting screwed by the high price of a cocktail is national. I must say my view wasn't half as nice as the one at The St Regis. I am happy to have read your positive report.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Romantic restaurant in Princeville area for anniversary

I'll admit that our second meal at the Kauai Grill wasn't as amazing as our first, but we are still huge fans. I know that some people on here tend to complain about the price, but it is no more than what we would spend for a nice dinner out in LA.

16. Re: Romantic restaurant in Princeville area for anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 23:19