We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North shore farmers market

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
North shore farmers market

We are staying on the north shore for 5 nights in Nov.Are there farmers markets in this area and what days, times?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,966 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North shore farmers market

Where are you staying on the Northshore? I went to the one in Hanalei - delightful! :)

http://www.kauai.com/kauai-farmers-markets

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North shore farmers market

Aloha from Kaua'i!

That is a pretty complete and up to date list of farmer's markets on island - some of them up North at Hanalei, Waipa and Kilauea....

Malama Pono,

Janet

Edited: 04 October 2012, 19:53
California
Level Contributor
36,130 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North shore farmers market

Don't forget to stop by The Anahola Farmer's Market to try his wild boar and huli huli chicken. Its not too far from the North Shore. The mango bread wasn't great, but his papayas, pineapples, apple bananas, brownies smothered in coconut sauce was great!

My favorite market is the one in Hanalei. Get there before it opens for the best selection. (run to the goat cheese guy)

california
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North shore farmers market

So the only one in Hanalei is on Saturdays, correct?

California
Level Contributor
36,130 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North shore farmers market

Yes the Hanalei market is Saturdays at 9:30.

california
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North shore farmers market

Bummer! We will be moving from our south shore spot to our north shore spot on Saturday, probably checking out a couple of waterfalls on the way up, maybe the Smith River boat ride, doubt we will make the market in time! :-(

california
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North shore farmers market

Bummer! We will be moving from our south shore spot to our north shore spot on Saturday, probably checking out a couple of waterfalls on the way up, maybe the Smith River boat ride, doubt we will make the market in time! :-(

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North shore farmers market

Aloha from Kaua'i!

If you are making your move from South to North on Saturday - I'd recommend stopping on the way at the Puhi Farmer's Market at the Kaua'i Community College.

It is right in their parking lot and easy to see from the highway and would be on your way - it goes from 10am to around 1pm and has tons of local vendors selling honey, cupcakes, pies, kim chee, bread, fruit and vegetables, coffee, flowers, products from Kunana Dairy, Salty Wahine seasonings, and others. I particularly like the pasta booth from Princeville - they have amazing pasta!

Malama Pono,

Janet

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,518 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: North shore farmers market

Waipa, just west of Hanalei, is on Tuesday at 2:00, I believe.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: North shore farmers market

In regard to the market on Saturday at the Kauai Community College in Puhi, it starts at 9:30 am

http://www.kauaicommunitymarket.org/