We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"South Pacific" movie beaches

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
"South Pacific" movie beaches

OK, does anybody know if there are guides to where they filmed "South Pacific?" I heard it was near Princeville, and that you can also visit the terrace where Emile and Nellie Forbush sat w/ the kids.

And are they good beaches to swim/snorkel? (I know, maybe not in January).

Princeville, Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: "South Pacific" movie beaches

No real intent other than to clear up a post that was not entirely accurate. I Googled South Pacific movie locations and this apparently quite old post came up. I enjoyed the waterfalls 29 years ago and was merely passing along information I got from my waiter at dinner last night. Incidentally, the waterfall was one of my favorite activities during my stay.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,179 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: "South Pacific" movie beaches

Voodoo Island, hehehehe......Boris Karloff running around the Coco Palms. That's the lobby of the Coco Palms in the opening scenes (NO, I don't remember it, I read it)

Thanks for the chuckle Caddy!

3Chihuahuas

nwf
NSW Australia
Level Contributor
910 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: "South Pacific" movie beaches

Hi Pinky,

I shall try to get a copy of that film next week.

It might put me out of my dilema with the effect

of a mental implosion...Sounds diabolical at best.

My phone company is Voda phone so they

might have something in common??.

If you cannot be good then be careful.. NWF.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,776 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: "South Pacific" movie beaches

Did you get to meet Boris personally Curt S? :)

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: "South Pacific" movie beaches

We're going to be doing this movie tour when we visit in June. Here's a link in case anyone is interested. I've heard very positive reviews. South Pacific, of course, is just a small part of the tour and just one of the movies mentioned. I hear they show movie clips in the Van before stops to see the actual filming locations.

robertshawaii.com/kauai/hawaiimovietour.php

26. Re: "South Pacific" movie beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 05:17