We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanalei Bay Resort #7306

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palos Verdes...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hanalei Bay Resort #7306

Anyone know this unit? We are going in July with my husband and 2 kids. This unit appears to have the space for all of us and a bed for each of the kids, plus it has air conditioning. My inlaws will be at the St. Regis during our stay so we want to be within walking distance to the hotel and there isn't a lot available for our dates. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
35,818 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #7306

Sure I know it. I own at HBR so I know most of them. Its fine. It has a sleeping loft which makes it nice for the kids. One question to ask the lady you will end up talking to is does the master bedroom have air conditioning. I don't know if it does. Just because it says it has a/c doesn't mean it has a/c in every room.

To get to the St Regis you can walk down the path from the resort. From the 7000 building its about a 10-12 minute walk down the path. The 7000 building is the furthest away from the common areas. The hotel and resort share the same beach. I just checked the calendar for a few other units I like a bit better, and July is getting full at HBR, so if this is your choice I wouldn't wait too long.

Kalaheo, Hawaii
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #7306

This last weekend, we stayed in 7305, the studio attached to 7306. It was nice with a great view. The room was really dark with bad lighting from the lamps, but it was fine for the weekend. As Jebett said, it can be a long walk for the wife back up the hill to the parking lot. We thought HBR was really nice, but not having the restaurant and bar is a real bummer. It is a 15 min drive to anything from there. And the walk down to the St Regis is going to take awhile also. Depends on the age of the kids. But this is still the best option for what it sounds like what you want. The owner of 7305 is out of San Diego, but he has an admin that does all of the reservation work and it worked out fine for us at the front desk.

California
Level Contributor
35,818 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #7306

Thanks for that information Winkelman. The owner of this unit has his secretary do his reservations. Let the owner know your thoughts about lighting. I'm sure they would appreciate that.

From HBR to the Princeville Center it is 5 minutes. It does take 15 minutes to get to Hanalei.

Palos Verdes...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #7306

Thank you. We are only there for 3 nights, but it is not cheap when you add in all of the taxes and cleaning fees. I am ready to book the unit and have a hold on it, but I just want to be sure it is the right place. The only other choices that I have seem to be the Pua Poa condos or I found a Hanalei Bay Villa that is available.

California
Level Contributor
35,818 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #7306

Puu Poa condos are as much and in some cases more than HBR. Most at PP do not have a/c.

HBR also has a daily resort fee.

Hanalei Bay Villas does not have a pool which is something you might want to consider with the little ones. HBR has one of the nicest pools on the island. If that is important, then you should choose that complex.

Palos Verdes...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #7306

Thanks! I have been driving myself crazy with this, but based on a previous recommendation of yours, I was able to contact the owner and am in the process of booking unit 4302 at HBR. It is the 1 bdrm w the loft and looks like a nicer unit than 7306-a little more expensive, but think it is probably worth it. Just so happens she has the nights avail that I need. Thanks again for all of your input.

California
Level Contributor
35,818 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #7306

That unit is MUCH nicer. Good choice. The kitchen is gorgeous, she just redid the carpeting and couches and overall an excellent choice. Have fun!

NMB,SC
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #7306

Just got thru reading this thread...is there a really nice 2 bedroom unit in HBR for two couples staying a week in late March, early April of 2014???? We have never been to Hawaii period and are looking to stay our second week in the Princeville area. Like everyone else I am sure, would love a great view and a nice roomy unit for the week..so looking fordward to this trip next year..but know little about the Princeville area..but have heard good things..thx. for your help !!!! Other resorts/ condo units you might recomment would be greatly appreciated...thx. Ted

California
Level Contributor
35,818 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #7306

I own at the complex and would be happy to recommend some of my favorite units.

The above mentioned 4301-2 is very nice. It is a 3rd floor unit with nice furnishings and high ceilings, good views of the bay and the owner is good to work with and goes over often which to me is important. I also like 9105-6. It has fabulous views, was remodeled a few years ago, but the walk is about as far as you walk from the main lobby area. It overlooks the bay, mountains and also the St Regis next door. Another condo with great views is 4323-4. From the main living area, you have beautiful views of the bay and Bali Hai, but from the second bedroom (4324) you lack the Bali Hai views if that matters. I happen to know the owner is redoing all the flooring this November and I bet it will be lovely.

The restaurant and bar should be back up, built and open by your dates. The target date for reopening is January 2014.

As far as other comparable condos on the North Shore, the only other one that comes close is Puu Poa.

Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions.

NMB,SC
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort #7306

Thanks so very much for the information on the units..how would I go about viewing pics of these units and ddo you rent directly from the individuals that own the units ??? Sorry for all the questions..but so mcuh apprecaite the input !!! Ted