We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiki Iniki

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
119 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Tiki Iniki

Does anyone know when Tiki Iniki is opening? I did a search and saw February, April and now July....is it still on schedule?

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,013 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Tiki Iniki

They are continuing to work on it. Mrs. S. saw the coolers on the porch when she went to the bank. The doors were open and she said it looked really fun inside. Lots of mats and bamboo.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Tiki Iniki

"The 55db is at the closest house complaining"

the technical term for that is "not 100% right". It's at the property boundary which in Princeville may not be much different as the lots are small. Or if an owner of a nearby shop/restaurant complains, it's could be right at the door of Tiki Iniki. 55 dB is a middling dishwasher = not much sound.

Best of luck to them, but geezerville was not the best choice if you want a fun bar with live music. Too many old f--ts up there.

East Coast
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Tiki Iniki

I got this from How stuff works

Near total silence - 0 dB

A whisper - 15 dB

Normal conversation - 60 dB

A lawnmower - 90 dB

A car horn - 110 dB

A rock concert or a jet engine - 120 dB

A gunshot or firecracker - 140 dB

not sure what distance they will be measuring the 55db

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Tiki Iniki

They'd measure it at the house (technically the property line) in Princeville that's complaining. I wouldn't think it would be louder than a conversation at the closest house. There's the Tiki Iniki's walls, the parking lot, trees, a 6 foot concrete wall and the street before you get to the closest house/property line. On the other hand, from google maps it looks like only about 150 feet to the closest house - closer than I would have guessed.

The amped guitars and mics going through small speaker systems nightly in the open air food court hasn't been a problem. The inside of Tiki Iniki is just too small to play loud live music.

I don't know which store owner would complain, or if the county would even investigate an issue between shopping center tenants?

Most of the old geezers I know in Princeville would choose loud rock over pumping Jawaiian bass :)

Edited: 01 July 2013, 23:42
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,612 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Tiki Iniki

Well, I'm an old fart / old geezer too and a real fan of his so I know I'd be willing to rise from the dead and drive up from Poipu. I wouldn't presume that the Princeville crowd would be tossing eggs at the place. Not to mention Todd Rundgren is no spring chicken himself (65). So maybe they could invite all of us old codgers from Princeville and elsewhere on the island over for and old geezer night once a week for a flashback to "our days". Might help. Then again he'd probably have to turn up the decibels to 120 for some of us to hear.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,467 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Tiki Iniki

LOL @ Napa.....We're in the old geezer category too, well at least Skip is and he'd definitely need the amps turned up, hehehe. I hope it all turns out good for everyone!

Any bets if it will be open in 57 days?????

3Chihuahuas

California
Level Contributor
36,056 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Tiki Iniki

I was really hoping to be the one who reviewed it first, but it looks like 3chis and Skip get first dibs.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Tiki Iniki

Old farts aren't what they used to be! I just went to 2 Rolling Stones concerts and they are all pushing 70 and still rocking big time!

I'm 44 so hopefully not a geezer yet...but for visitors and residents it'd be nice to have some nightlife in Princeville. Maybe only have live music on the weekends and only play until 11? Or is that pushing it?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Tiki Iniki

Hey ya"ll. Everybody knows we shoot in Texas//just a joke.

What happened to Paradise Grill anyway?

It seems like we were there a year ago.

As soon as we got home my cat of 12 years almost died and Mom has been critical..again.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Tiki Iniki

Geezers????? Im not a geezer//ask Denny?