We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Shore vs South Shore

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
North Shore vs South Shore

We are considering coming to Kauai in the middle to latter part of February 2014. Which would you recommend weather wise? We are golfers, bikers & beachers.

Joel S

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: North Shore vs South Shore

Better weather and calmer beaches is South. There's enough golfing on both sides of the island.

California
Level Contributor
36,402 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Shore vs South Shore

Poipu is great in Feb and you will see sunnier skies for sure. This is also a very busy month so if you see something you are interested in make a decision fast. Poipu has 3 golf courses and you can always come play Makai or Prince Course in Princeville and spend the day exploring the North Shore. Tavern at Princeville is an excellent place to enjoy happy hour or dinner after a round of golf at one of the best (and toughest) courses in the US. Kauai has a nice bike path in Kapaa but other than that really isn't a great biking island.

The ocean conditions on the North Shore should be pretty rough and wild so be careful and don't get too close to the any lava ledges. They are beautiful beaches and weather permitting please enjoy them safely.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Shore vs South Shore

Have you checked hotel availability and prices? That may help you decide.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Shore vs South Shore

As much as I love Kaua'i, with your interests, I'm wondering if you shouldn't also be considering the Kohala Coast on the Big Island.

California
Level Contributor
36,402 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North Shore vs South Shore

In another thread the OP said he would be interested in The Hyatt which is a great hotel choice. He was also interested in a stay at The St Regis so it sounds like budget isn't an issue. Maybe a split stay is in order. I never mind recommending that if it makes a golfing day on the North Shore a bit easier.

6. Re: North Shore vs South Shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 06:33