We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaii Life episode 9PM EST in Princeville

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
462 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaii Life episode 9PM EST in Princeville

I have been watching lot of TV thanks to ice and sleet on the road here.

I have not stepped out for 3 days.

I watched last "Buying Hawaii" and "Hawaii Life" from last week on DVR.

I checked listings and it said Pittsburgh family coming to Princeville.

California
Level Contributor
35,583 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Hawaii Life episode 9PM EST in Princeville

PareoB: Duh!

Yes Roni Marley is a good realtor. There are many good realtors on the island (and hundreds of bad ones).

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
603 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Hawaii Life episode 9PM EST in Princeville

Any show that is set in Hawaii fake or real is good enough for me. I just like seeing beautiful Hawaii I could care less if the people buy or not but I suppose for some people they believe the show. For me it is just a tour around the islands. One way to get my Hawaii fix when I am looking out on the snow covered golf course.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Hawaii Life episode 9PM EST in Princeville

Looking ahead to this Sunday evening December 15th these episodes will be repeated on HGTV :

--- at 9:00 PM east coast time an earlier broadcast of a couple from Baltimore looking for a home on the Big Island around $ 375,000

--- at 9:30 PM east coast time, another repeat, about an architect returning to Maui seeking a home there with several pets in tow

new york
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Hawaii Life episode 9PM EST in Princeville

Nice to hear your story Denny . We have been coming there since we honeymooned in 05. I went back and bought a place in 06 and have been coming 1-2 a year since then .we already have friends on island and it feels like home to me . I can't wait to move its all I think about . Just have to work out a game plan and hopefully it will be a reality one day .

Edited: 15 December 2013, 11:49
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Hawaii Life episode 9PM EST in Princeville

Aloha from Kaua'i!

You can do it if you really want to.....we sold everything we owned on the mainland and moved here 16 years ago.....not retired either.

You just have to re adjust your lifestyle and find some kind of work and as long as the lifestyle here is one that you can embrace and you aren't looking for a fancy home....you can do it!

The biggest thing that I see with people who move here is that ultimately the pull of children/grandchildren on the mainland causes them to move back....it seems to get harder the older you get. We don't have children, so no problem for us luckily.

You can find housing that isn't $$$$, but you have to be willing to downsize from what you were used to on the mainland.

Malama Pono,

Janet

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Hawaii Life episode 9PM EST in Princeville

HOORAY -- NEW HAWAII LIFE EPISODES NOW SCHEDULED FOR TONIGHT !!!

================================================================

We have noticed that new episodes of Hawaii Life have now been scheduled for this evening Dec 15th:

At 9:00 PM east coast time - a search for a home on the Big Island

At 9;30 PM east coast time - a home search on our favorite island, Kauai !

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
603 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Hawaii Life episode 9PM EST in Princeville

Koloagirl that is our exact issue we would gladly downsize and move in a minute but with the Grandkids it is just to far. We couldn't without hassle move there permanently because of being Canadian but we sure wish we could. I would love to find a non tourist place to stay for 4-5 months in the winter in the next few years, but we have a dog and that creates a whole new set of issues.

new york
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Hawaii Life episode 9PM EST in Princeville

Janet my only 2 hold backs are : the educational system and my pension .

I have 5 more years till I'm vested and then I can leave . I work for the state and don't want to loose my pension . Even though I won't have the income from it for quite some time I don't want to loose it . I'm going to look in st Catherine's school in kapaa this February when we come . Downsizing is really not an issue for us . We don't live very fancy so we can afford to travel twice a year to Hawaii and rent a summer home up in mountains . I have no issues selling our belongings . Really just have to figure out the logistics . Housing , job , etc .

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Hawaii Life episode 9PM EST in Princeville

<<the ones along Hanalei Plantation Road>>

Like this one, Jebett?

player.vimeo.com/video/80649361?autoplay=1 It's listed by Caldwell Banker Bali Hai http://www.pinaoulaestatekauai.com/ for a mere $9.9M.

I told DH I would rather "just" spend $1.85M (the price has dropped!) for Papio Place in Hanalei - at least we could walk to the beach.

Edited: 16 December 2013, 02:10
Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Hawaii Life episode 9PM EST in Princeville

HGTV does have a show called Beachfront Bargain Hunt: hgtv.com/beachfront-bargain-hunt/…index.html but I doubt they'll be filming in Hawaii anytime soon!