We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Princeville..beach access?

Charlotte - NC
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
Westin Princeville..beach access?

One more question - I've been checking out the Westin Princeville web-site and Google Maps but I still can't figure out if there is beach access from the Westin property there? What is really interesting is that on Google Maps - the entire resort area is blank where the main buildings and pool is..it just shows a green field (does the NSA vacation at the Westin or something?).. <g>

But the resort does show up on Yahoo Maps..

Anyway - it looks like Anini Rd. is just east of the Westin..and there is a beach there..but I'm wondering if it is accessible from the Westin? Just wondering if Nana will need to get a shuttle to a beach..

Regards,

BeachAV8R

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
842 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Westin Princeville..beach access?

We stayed there two years ago. We did walk down the steep dirt path (maybe a quarter mile or so) once. There were a couple of tents at the bottom (plus some sort of rooster cage/trap) where it appeared folks might be staying either permanently or occasionally. Much better to take shuttle (or valet park) at St. Regis or drive to another beach. As far as the Villas themselves, we loved them! Very well-kept inside and out, numerous great pools, lovely landscaping, fun happy hour....would actually be perfect if there was better beach access. We did have a 1-bedroom as opposed to a studio.

Chisago City...
Level Contributor
455 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Westin Princeville..beach access?

We have stayed at the Westin and thought the property was beautiful. They had a kid pool separate from the adult pool so that did cut down onkidlets doing cannon balls next to you while you try to stay dry reading a book. We stayed there thru a timeshare deal.

California
Level Contributor
36,994 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Westin Princeville..beach access?

If this is sterile, dip me in Purell hand sanitizer!

seehawaiilive.com/kauai/princeville-hotels

San Carlos...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Westin Princeville..beach access?

It's all good....

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
866 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Westin Princeville..beach access?

Being your first trip, I imagine you won't be at the Westin much - 1) because there is so much else to see, and 2) the weather in late January may be sending you south to find the sun (although you never know!). And Greenvalleyfun's take is correct on the path to the beach - it just seems like a mile coming back up. That time of year could be pretty muddy, though. We had stayed at the WP for a couple of days in '09 and it was nice and very clean - that's the only 'sterile' part I can think of.......

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
319 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Westin Princeville..beach access?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ48WZRQjEM

Video of a guy walking down to Anini in real time.

Charlotte - NC
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Westin Princeville..beach access?

That's a perfect perspective video! That trail should be no problem for all of us except Nana..(and assuming it isn't a muddy mess). We will definitely be using that trail. Does that beach stay fairly sheltered in the winter too?

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
866 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Westin Princeville..beach access?

Yes, the reef causes the waves to break quite a ways offshore in most conditions, but when the surf is really big it can hit the shoreline. The tides can change quickly out in the middle of the Pacific, so best to check the surf report before you go in the water, especially on North facing beaches in the winter.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,995 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Westin Princeville..beach access?

Do be aware of the channels in the reef, especially in big surf:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k70491…

3Chihuahuas

20. Re: Westin Princeville..beach access?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 06:18