We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cliffs or Pali Ke Kua

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
The Cliffs or Pali Ke Kua

We are traveling early August...none of our choices has AC so I think it comes down to ground floor ocean view in Pali Ke Kua (101 is one of the choices there) OR upper level at the Cliffs building 5 which might get more breeze. Last summer we stayed at Emmalani Court which was nice enough but thought we'd try a new location. Thansks... Donna

Drums, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
771 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Cliffs or Pali Ke Kua

We have owned at The Cliifs since 1987, usuallystay in the 8 or 9 bldg, but you should be fine in the 5 building in an upper level loft without AC. The one issue with the 5 building is some noise as the pool is adjacent to that building, but the current management has been very good about supervising rowdiness and enforcing the 10 PM quiet rule. PM me if you have any other questions.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Cliffs or Pali Ke Kua

Do be aware that the soundproofing between Pali Ke Kua units is pretty poor. Consequently ground floor occupants run the risk of annoying foot traffic in the unit immediately above. The better the view --- unfortunately the higher the risk the second floor unit will also be occupied....

California
Level Contributor
35,545 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Cliffs or Pali Ke Kua

Flip a coin on this one.

Pros to Cliffs is a nicer pool. Closer walk to the shopping center.

Cons to PKK is lousy pool in the middle of the parking lot and no bbq area except way down the beach path. No thanks to that. Dickgoode is correct. If you have a ground floor unit at PPK and someone is renting about, you will hear them. Pro to PKK. Better location to walk to St Regis to experience a nice place to stay. So pros and cons to both.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Cliffs or Pali Ke Kua

I've stayed in one of the ground floor units at the PKK and there was some noise upstairs, but it didn't to seem to be much of a bother to us. The units do have good ventilation -- especially nice to get a breeze through the bathroom. I'm sure there are some great Cliffs units. But that gorgeous Bali Hai view at the PKK (make sure your unit has it) would win me over.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Cliffs or Pali Ke Kua

thank you all for your comments. HAving stayed at Emmalani with what I think of below average amenities I think we are going with the Cliffs....We are not usually interested in too many amenities but that pool is inviting for sure! Mahalo. Donna

California
Level Contributor
35,545 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Cliffs or Pali Ke Kua

Besides the nicer, though very small pool at Cliffs, they also have tennis courts, a small fitness center, a basketball court and very nice owner greetings. Because its partly a timeshare property it just has a different vibe. I do have to agree with Kimocat that those Bali Hai views make staying at PPK pretty special. There aren't too many units that have that, so check it out.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Cliffs or Pali Ke Kua

I think I was won over by the bike rentals! here is the condo we selected.. FYI...http://www.vrbo.com/38036

California
Level Contributor
35,545 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Cliffs or Pali Ke Kua

That looks like a goodie. I love the bed. Good location with views too. Great price. The reviews are very flattering and another thing that is good is its booked up. To me that is important. If its not booking that means it probably doesn't get repeat guests and others aren't finding it as desirable. "Book it, Danno"!!!!

Edited: 26 January 2014, 22:26
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Cliffs or Pali Ke Kua

jebett...That's exactly what my husband said. Too funny...request sent!

10. Re: The Cliffs or Pali Ke Kua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 05:18