We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking wedding photos at HBR, but not getting maried there?

Which Princeville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Taking wedding photos at HBR, but not getting maried there?

Hello all,

My fiance and I (as well as our friends and family) are staying at the Hanalei Bay Resort this June and we plan to get married on a public beach which is yet to be determined, however I have seen some beautiful shots on HBR's property, and heard about a "Wedding Walk." What I wanted to know was, does anyone know if HBR allows their guests to take wedding photos on the property, if they aren't getting married there? Anyone have any experience with this? Of course we wouldn't try to take photos if there was another wedding going. In case it's useful, it's a small wedding, there will probably be around 15 people.

I searched the internet and the forum, and couldn't find an answer to my question! Any help is appreciated.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking wedding photos at HBR, but not getting maried there?

If you all are staying at the HBR, and just want some photos of your happy wedding group, and zero demands on staff .....my guess is that you will not have a problem. Nothing official on my part.

They may want you , which you already show that you have, it to respect the other guests and do not take over the property with the photographer directing you all. But, with views of the ocean and mountains in the back ground, and out of the main stream of other guests......seems OK.

But, the gal to ask, is JBETT, as she is quite familiar with all of the rules and regs up at the HBR.....she will give you the super straight scoops. Plus, you show great class in asking.

Congratualtioins, you have selected on of the most beautiful places in the world to get married and honeymoon. You are doing it right.

California
Level Contributor
36,130 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking wedding photos at HBR, but not getting maried there?

Why not???? You are a guest there and can hire someone to take photos as long as they aren't using Wedding Walk. I had my vow renewal at Wedding Walk and the location is indeed a photo op. I know some other good photo locations I would be happy to share with you, since I am an owner there.

Richmond, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking wedding photos at HBR, but not getting maried there?

Thank you for your kind reply and advice!

4. Re: Taking wedding photos at HBR, but not getting maried there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 06:17