We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo Car rental company, any hidden fees?

Which Haiku hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Alamo Car rental company, any hidden fees?

Hello everyone! I just made a reservation with Discount Hawaii Car rentals. Thanks to everyone who recommended this site. Really good prices!

Ok, so anyway, I reserved a "Jeep grand Cherokee or similar" for 2 weeks = $781. 97. I double checked with the Alamo website and their pre-pay rate is $1146.09. When I compared both rates, the Alamo website charged a CONCESSION RECOVERY FEE of $99.39 , higher base rate and higher sales tax. This was not included in the price breakdown for Discount Hawaii car rentals

Is this something that will be charged to us when we get there? or after we return the car?

5 replies to this topic
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,844 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo Car rental company, any hidden fees?

There should be no hidden fees...they are all listed when you book. Remember to keep checking the rates. They should come down and consider it your starting point. Glad you checked it out!

Plover, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
538 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo Car rental company, any hidden fees?

We have rented from Alamo thru DHCR twice and the price show on DHCR is the final price. Very easy rental process, you get to walk out to the car lot and choose from the cars in your class. We rented a intermediate SUV and got to choose from a Jeep patriot, compass, Ford escape, Hyundai sante fe. Check back on DHCR and to find a better rate, if you find better book new rental THEN cancel old rental. Rates should drop after the New Year.

Edited: 01 December 2013, 22:07
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo Car rental company, any hidden fees?

Thank you! Glad to know that! I will keep on checking and hopefully the price goes down. :)

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo Car rental company, any hidden fees?

Alamo was excellent to rent from when we used them last month (booked through Costco.) I think you'll be happy with them, and the price at the counter should be exactly the same as quoted by DHCR.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,956 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alamo Car rental company, any hidden fees?

Just make sure you print out your final reservation sheet, and take it with you. It is always a good idea to have it in writing, just in case! So glad you were able to find the time to do this!

Reply to: Alamo Car rental company, any hidden fees?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Haiku