We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our first full day in Maui

Which Haiku hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
387 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Our first full day in Maui

We didn't get going until about noon, the grounds around our property are so spectacular it was hard to leave. We took a long walk down the residential road, the homes around here are to die for...I know where to spend my lottery money when I win. :) No traffic up here.

Had a short drive to Hoopika Beach Lookout ,the waves were huge and there were lots of surfers out, we lingered over an hour or so just enjoying this view. We grabbed a hot dog from Bob's food truck up there and it was delicious, I recommend.

Paia was next and that town was a zoo! We could not get out of there fast enough, it was bumper to bumper traffic. Grabbed an ice coffee at Anthonys ,went to Mana Foods for a few things and ran back to our house as fast as we could. I am not a shopper, I did buy a couple of post cards.. :)

The evening was spent having cocktails,cheese and fruit on the lanai. The weather was perfect today, warm, sunny and a little breeze. I went for a swim in the pool, had it all to myself, there are two other couples up here in the house but we did not see them all day or evening.

Road to Hana tomorrow. (road to divorce?)

12 replies to this topic
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our first full day in Maui

LOL! As Mamma says...keep that humor going and you will be fine!

Sounds like a lovely day. It also sounds like a place I would like- so private etc. but we like to snorkel too much so it's better for us to stay close to our favorite snorkel spots up in Kapalua.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
46,725 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our first full day in Maui

Welcome, welcome! Glad you are settling in and enjoying your spot in Haiku. Looking forward to more as you have time.

Level Contributor
34,451 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our first full day in Maui

Sounds wonderful! Have fun on The Road To Hana! Don't miss an ice cream at Coconut Glen's! :).

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our first full day in Maui

"(road to divorce?)"

LOL.... (and speaking from personal experience, it could be) Have fun!

Schaumburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our first full day in Maui

Do you have recommendations on where to stay in maui? This would be just for my wife and I.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,469 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our first full day in Maui

Loving your reports and seeing the island through your eyes. Your trip is very similar to the way we plan to spend our eight nights on Kauai this spring. Totally chill! Enjoy every minute and thanks so much for checking in with us. Deb

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our first full day in Maui

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous, you should have an excellent Hana adventure!! Thanks for the update GLWEBB.

Brad B. this is a trip report from someone on island now. It's best if you would start your own thread. That way we can give you individual attention!!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,513 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our first full day in Maui

We love the RTH and have done it several times with no ill effects -- I hope the same for you :)

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,265 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our first full day in Maui

Sounds like a great first day so glad you are enjoying your upcountry lodgings nice having a pool too. We like Paia but it can be very busy.

Oregon
Level Contributor
416 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our first full day in Maui

"road to divorce"

Haha!

Reply to: Our first full day in Maui
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Haiku