We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which part of the road closed before or after urban Hana

sask.canada
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
which part of the road closed before or after urban Hana

We are going to stay in the town, village of Hana. Is this road okay.

Is the road after Hana under construction. Thanks.

Lexington, South...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: which part of the road closed before or after urban Hana

Since I was already working on some east Maui maps anyway, I thought I'd take a second to post this. It may help folks distinguish exactly where the road is closed (on the second map). This may take a second for modem users to download... it's about 1.1MB in size.

Map of Hana Town & Beyond (‘Ohe‘o Gulch)

hawaiianstyle.org/tripadvisor/…BeyondMaps.pdf

Hope that helps. Feel free to provide this on to whomever needs it.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,601 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: which part of the road closed before or after urban Hana

Glad someone picked up on the "urban" thing ... every time I see this post I smile, thinking of "urban" Hana :)

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
234 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: which part of the road closed before or after urban Hana

This is news to me...I read that you could now do the whole loop (we did the road to Hana 18 years ago and were going to take the kids with us this time...but don't want to do the whole return trip!) Is it really closed or is it a car rental thing?

Lexington, South...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: which part of the road closed before or after urban Hana

It is actually closed due to the Earthquake last October. It's unrelated to rental agreements.

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
234 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: which part of the road closed before or after urban Hana

So, if we get up early (on the road by 7AM) and don't take too many stops on the way to the seven pools, about how long will it take us? I'm not in a big rush to get there, but the last time we did it, we took so many stops that by the time we got to the pools, we were ready to turn around. We want to make that part the goal...do a hike and swim and then head back and stop then.

Lexington, South...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: which part of the road closed before or after urban Hana

7am is perfect (just had to through that in... you'll miss a lot of traffic).

I'd plan on it taking 2-4 hours, with stops. It depends on how comfortable you are driving the Highway and how frequently you stop. It's hard to resist the urge to stop often, but give yourself a time you want to be at the Gulch, and try and stick to it.

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
234 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: which part of the road closed before or after urban Hana

Is 7AM still good if we start by Kaanapali?

Ct
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: which part of the road closed before or after urban Hana

You want to leave Pa'ia before 7:30 or after 10:30. It takes about 2 1/2- 3 hours to get to Oheo without stopping.

19. Re: which part of the road closed before or after urban Hana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 04:17